The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Paint the Town Red
Hospitaller I_icon_minitimeToday at 8:46 pm by Demonhunter

» Downtime in Naarajärvi
Hospitaller I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:13 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Beach Party
Hospitaller I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:34 pm by Demonhunter

» The Best Party in New York
Hospitaller I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:53 am by Fae7

» Colt Storm(Charge)
Hospitaller I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:43 am by RevalE700

» Blue Phoenix
Hospitaller I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:09 pm by Demonhunter

» RED ALERT!!!!!
Hospitaller I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2024, 4:24 am by RevalE700

» Red is Blue
Hospitaller I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2024, 4:22 am by Black Bulwark

» The Most Dangerous Game
Hospitaller I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2024, 12:42 am by Vorik

» In the Court of the Orderly King (Completed)
Hospitaller I_icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2024, 1:45 am by Tybrid

» Hell and Consequences [Alert]
Hospitaller I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2024, 3:57 pm by Hyperion

» The Disciples of Virtue
Hospitaller I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2024, 2:15 pm by Demonhunter

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Hospitaller

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hospitaller Empty Hospitaller

Post by Johawplastic November 5th 2013, 10:57 pm

The Hospitaller
Tuitio Fidei et Obsequium Pauperum

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Hospitaller
Title: Auxiliary Volunteer of Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of Saint John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta
Alignment: Lawful Good
Race: Human
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6ft
Weight: 150lbs
Blood type: B+

The Looks

Hospitaller, when in active service, dresses in a white set of army fatigues with a black jacket.  The back of the jacket is adorned with a white maltese cross.  

The Legacy

Personality:

Martin is, under normal circumstances, a jolly if slightly sarcastic fellow, always ready with a bit of snark or a joke, until he is called to use his abilities.  At this point he becomes all business, with none of the banter his casual persona projects.  

History:

Martin was a normal denizen of Quebec, Canada, going to highschool in Montreal up until his eighteenth birthday.  

On that day, an unstable individual entered his high school armed with an automatic weapon.  Alarms were set off, but tragedy ensued as the gunman went systematically through the school.  Martin was scared at the time.  He didn't want to die, and he didn't want his classmates to die either.  

Then, the gunman entered his classroom.  A classmate attempted to tackle him, and was shot for her trouble.  At that point, instinct brought Martin’s hand up, and a noise not unlike a thunderclap rang out.  A golden beam of light shot out, and the gunman sailed back out the way he had come, and losing consciousness when his head hit the lockers in the hall outside.  

Despondent and not thinking about the fact he just smote a gunman upwards of ten feet, Martin rushed to the side of his classmate.  Once again, instinct dictated he put a hand on her wound.  More light emanated from his hand, the same color as before, but gentler.  Before his astounded eyes, the wound closed up, and a 9mm slug of lead clinked to the floor.  

Finally realizing what he’d done, Martin rushed out of the room to help the gunman’s other victims.  He saved five lives that day, although he wasn’t in time to help them all.  The Montreal Shooting still claimed three victims, but Martin had found his calling.  Rather than work for the government or a similar group, he volunteered his services to the Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of Saint John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta, an order of medics and healers based in Rome.  

Since then, whenever there has been a major disaster, from a massive hurricane to a superpowered battle royale, Martin has been there, helping to rescue victims and keep civilians safe.  The media sensationalized him for a bit, calling him “The Hospitaller”, but quickly found more combative heroes to focus on.  So, The Hospitaller fights on, content with his lack of fanfare, fending off untimely death for any and all he can.  

The Powers

Power 1:Healing Hands (5 ability) Hospitaller's primary ability is his capacity for healing.  When he places his hands over or near a wound, a golden glow emanates over the affected area and damage is restored.  This works on anything from bullet wounds to cancer, with the effect draining him if used for too long.  

Power 2:Smite (8 ability) Hospitaller also possesses the ability to project force in a repulsion beam from the palms of his hands.  These beams range in power from a swift uppercut to a steam-powered pile driver.  Despite being described as "holy light", they do not have any alignment-specific component and will hurt innocents as badly as monsters.  

Power 3:Levitation (1 flight) Hospitaller can also hover up to a foot off the ground.  This typically happens when he is using a lot of his power, and allows him to ignore the recoil that would normally result from using Healing Hands over an area or Smite at particularly strong levels.  

Grid
Intelligence: 3
Occult: 0
Strength: 3
Speed: 3
Durability: 3
Ability: 8 (Smite), 5 (Healing Hands)
Fighting Skills: 4
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 1
Wealth: 1

Last edited by Johawplastic on November 5th 2013, 11:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Johawplastic
Johawplastic

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Hospitaller Empty Re: Hospitaller

Post by Forceaus November 5th 2013, 11:10 pm

You need to spend the 4 points in ability for healing. It should look like this:

Ability: 8(Smite), 4(Healing hands)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Johawplastic November 5th 2013, 11:19 pm

Righto, edit made!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Latter day Knight of Malta
"War is only useful as a means of saving lives; that is, not often."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Renegade grocer
"MY CABBAGES!"
Johawplastic
Johawplastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus November 5th 2013, 11:23 pm

You have 29 points spent. Do you want to add 1 more?

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Johawplastic November 5th 2013, 11:26 pm

Indeed. Methinks another pip for Healing Hands.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Latter day Knight of Malta
"War is only useful as a means of saving lives; that is, not often."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Renegade grocer
"MY CABBAGES!"
Johawplastic
Johawplastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus November 5th 2013, 11:31 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum