The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater)
Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:24 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Lingering Senitments
Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:05 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Fight Club
Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:43 pm by SicilianDragon

» Darkstar
Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2024, 2:44 pm by Vorik

» RED ALERT!!!!!
Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2024, 1:35 pm by Darkstar

» Steelheart Industries
Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2024, 1:28 pm by Darkstar

» COOKING WITH DANGER!
Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2024, 4:52 am by ProwlerKnight

» Cat Hunt
Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2024, 2:00 am by Cynical_Aspie

» This Time With Gusto
Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2024, 8:36 pm by Tybrid

» Paint the Town Red
Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2024, 8:26 pm by Tybrid

» Red is Blue
Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2024, 5:44 pm by Vorik

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2024, 4:32 pm by Cerek

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 I_vote_lcapRecruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 I_voting_barRecruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 Empty Re: Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater)

Post by Sage Yesterday at 9:46 pm

”Going there wouldn’t affect me any different than an ordinary person. But I still can’t go somewhere that cold for long,” Stareater explained. Places as cold as Canada or Norway were one thing, but the arctic was a whole other field of cold entirely. ”Assuming I didn’t freeze to death, it’d be next to impossible for me to have access to backup energy if my battery pack ran out or was damaged. I wouldn’t lose energy by being there, I’d just be flash frozen.”

Her harness was a tool for getting around things like this in emergency situations. It was a lifeline for her, for when Stareater went to cold places or places that were dark and didn’t exactly have indoor heating. ”If I had a way to tolerate that extreme cold, I’d still only have maybe two hours at most to search for someone.”

Sage

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2023-01-25

Back to top Go down

Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater) - Page 3 Empty Re: Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater)

Post by Cynical_Aspie Yesterday at 10:07 pm

"Perhaps myself and the Seraphic Court can help with that," Compassion started. "Every member of my Knighthood has some form of item that denotes their station. For normal humans, it comes in the form of their enchanted weapons and armor. Perhaps we can forge you a similar item to act as emergency power reserves."

Compassion looked at Astrid, her eyes glowing a serene green, and earnestly began, "Such an item would serve you well while in my Knighthood. Before you commit, there are some things you ought to know. All members of my Knighthood commit to a series of tenets and cultivate virtues in accordance to good. They are: compassion, mercy, justice, humility, generosity, temperance, will, and redemption. Sins to this Knighthood include cruelty, coercion, greed, pride, excessive ambition, vengeance, indulgence, and despair. To become part of my Knighthood means cultivating those virtues and seeking mastery over these sins. Should you fall too far, whatever we fashion for you will no longer work."

Compassion smiled softly, in a motherly manner, saying, "I would not have approached you, with this personal information or with the general responsibilities of what it is to be one of my Knights, if I didn't believe you capable of these virtues. I will not force you to accept this oath - it must be of your own will. With all this in mind, I would ask if you would join."
Cynical_Aspie
Cynical_Aspie
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 180
Job : Pharmacy Technician
Humor : Pun, Dark, Military
Registration date : 2023-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sage Yesterday at 11:57 pm

A magic tool that kept her alive longer in exchange for helping people along the way, as she always had? Sure. It didn’t sound like a bad deal in theory. The only possible pitfall in that was the wavy that Stareater was somewhat proud of her capabilities. In a mundane sense, she considered herself a decent scientific mind. Less in an egotistical sense and more of a factual one; Grass grows, birds fly, and Astrid Black knows her way around a lab.

”Fine. As long as it’s something that isn’t awkward to keep with me as I’m moving,” She decided. ”And then what? Am I supposed to track Skadi to her lair and undo her “phylactery?” What am I getting myself into?”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
e
Sage
Sage

Number of posts : 91
Location : My wizard tower in the Democratic Republic of Gnomia
Job : Wizard
Registration date : 2023-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynical_Aspie Today at 2:24 am

"If you can successfully find her lair and use your power on her phylactery, we can make a determination if that will be enough to destroy or bypass its magical barrier," Compassion said. "If your Whitespace energy destroys the phylactery on the spot, so much the better - Skadi will be unable to resurrect if her phylactery is destroyed, and perhaps, she may even die on the spot. But first, you'll need to track the lair itself; tailing her undead as they travel to and from the region would be a good way to start. I'll put in the request to the enchanters right away."

In time, as Astrid's powers and their drawbacks were assessed, the Seraphic Court would settle for something fairly small and easy to move: a ring. At first blush, it would appear to be little more than a silver band with a teardrop-cut amethyst embedded in it. In reality, it would end up functioning as an additional battery that would passively charge while in Moonshadow. The enchanters would design the ring in such a way as to charge Astrid or drain her until both her and the ring carried the same charge level.

It would still be susceptible to thermodynamics, however. Some energy would become unusable during transfer to or from the ring, and Stareater herself would be able to use it as an emergency power flush if she was overcharged herself.

This ring would ultimately be the result of the design specifications Astrid had set forward. In an emergency, it might work as a lifeline to pull her into Moonshadow.
Cynical_Aspie
Cynical_Aspie
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 180
Job : Pharmacy Technician
Humor : Pun, Dark, Military
Registration date : 2023-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top