The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater)
This Time With Gusto I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:32 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Red is Blue
This Time With Gusto I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2024, 5:44 pm by Vorik

» The Hell Hole that is Home
This Time With Gusto I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2024, 4:32 pm by Cerek

» The birds of expedience
This Time With Gusto I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2024, 4:24 pm by Cerek

» This Time With Gusto
This Time With Gusto I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2024, 11:40 pm by ProwlerKnight

» The Fire of Conviction
This Time With Gusto I_icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2024, 9:29 pm by Tybrid

» Cat Hunt
This Time With Gusto I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2024, 9:33 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
This Time With Gusto I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2024, 11:28 pm by Vorik

» Step into The Void
This Time With Gusto I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2024, 1:48 am by Hyperion

» Reconsiled
This Time With Gusto I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2024, 12:08 am by Demonhunter

» Stans in Umbra Mortis
This Time With Gusto I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2024, 10:51 pm by Demonhunter

» Paint the Town Red
This Time With Gusto I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2024, 10:24 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
This Time With Gusto I_vote_lcapThis Time With Gusto I_voting_barThis Time With Gusto I_vote_rcap 
Sage
This Time With Gusto I_vote_lcapThis Time With Gusto I_voting_barThis Time With Gusto I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

This Time With Gusto

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This Time With Gusto Empty This Time With Gusto

Post by Tybrid October 19th 2024, 2:23 am

The warm breeze that swept across the coast of Santa Monica felt like a gentle nudge from the universe, coaxing Eden into a better mood as she and Caleb strolled toward the pier. After what had happened last time, she wasn’t sure if a “beach day” was even in the cards again, but Caleb had suggested it with such optimism that she found herself agreeing. Now, here they were, sand beneath their feet, and the sounds of the ocean crashing just a few feet away.

Eden was nervous, though. Last time things went wrong. Really wrong. But she could tell that Caleb was trying to keep the energy light, and she appreciated it more than she could put into words. Her mind kept flickering back to London, to all the chaos that seemed to follow them, and the last time they’d tried to relax by the beach.

She adjusted her sunglasses and gave herself a little mental pep talk. This was supposed to be a good day, damn it. She needed it. They both did. Her thoughts paused as she took in the view of the pier, the soft chatter of tourists, and the scent of saltwater carried on the wind. It was a far cry from last time, but that didn’t stop the anxious tug in her chest.

“This time’s gonna be better,” she muttered under her breath, more to herself than anyone else, fingers curling into the straps of her beach bag.

With Caleb at her side, Eden tried to focus on the small pleasures of the moment—the warmth of the sun, the familiar taste of sea air, and the quiet thrill of the boardwalk’s activities just ahead. If she could just keep her mind in the present, maybe she could let go of the rest.

She felt a mixture of anticipation and nervous energy building up as she and Caleb approached Santa Monica Pier. The sight of it looming in the distance was a welcome distraction from her thoughts. It had that same carefree charm she remembered from childhood visits—colorful signs, the Ferris wheel spinning lazily against the clear sky, and the scattered laughter of tourists blending with the seagulls’ cries overhead.

She tried to take it all in, letting the bustling crowd around her pull her further into the moment. The wooden planks beneath her feet creaked softly with every step as they made their way onto the pier, and the familiar scent of fried food and cotton candy hit her nose, momentarily pushing aside the unease she had felt earlier.

“This is more like it,” she murmured to herself, stealing a glance toward Caleb. The energy here was alive, full of people enjoying themselves, playing arcade games, and lining up for rides. There was a casualness to it all, a sense of normalcy she had craved for what felt like forever.

She allowed herself to relax just a little, her shoulders dropping as she adjusted her sunglasses again. The pier stretched out in front of them, filled with possibilities, and Eden was determined to make the most of it this time. No chaos, no surprises—just a day to breathe, to be in the moment.

A soft breeze off the ocean tousled her hair, and for a second, everything felt almost…normal.

“Okay,” she said, smiling slightly, “where should we start?”
Tybrid
Tybrid
Post Mate
Post Mate

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 141
Job : Rp forums of course
Humor : If it makes me laugh you pass
Registration date : 2023-10-31

Back to top Go down

This Time With Gusto Empty Re: This Time With Gusto

Post by ProwlerKnight October 19th 2024, 11:40 pm

The beach was rather nice when there wasn’t dragons, giants, and succubus running about, making a mess of things. Caleb felt the warm breeze on his face, the sand beneath his feet, he could smell the saltwater scent filling the air. He took a deep breath as he looked to Eden, smiling softly as he watched her adjust her sunglasses, taking in the scenery. London had hit them all hard, and Eden was the one who had tried to keep the spirits alive, tried to keep them all from spiraling. But as the days went by, the burden of being the heart of the team was starting to take it’s toll, and Caleb had taken notice.  

So, he woke today with a mission, checking the scanners, the news, even the weather channel. He made sure the day was clear of monsters, criminals, Anti-meta Activists, and even clouds in the sky. When he was sure the day was clear, he gathered up his courage, and asked Eden out for a day on the Pier. Just a simple day, the two of them, no party, no succubus, no dragons, just a day like when they were kids. Of course he offered an invitation to Frank, but the fellow ranger declined, having too much on his plate at the moment, promising to catch the next outing.  

Eventually the sand made way for pavement, then wooden planks of the pier, the smell of food and sweets overwhelming the saltwater. Caleb adjusted his black rimmed glasses on his nose, looking over the scene ahead of them. Taking in the flashing lights, the bustle of people moving from vendor to vendor, the towering Ferris Wheel across the pier from their position. The wave of nostalgia washed over Caleb as his mind pondered where they should go first.  

“Okay,”  

Caleb looked over to Eden as she spoke, the wind tousling her hair as a slight smile formed on her face.  

“Where should we start?”

Caleb smiled as he looked over to the arcade. “Well, I wonder if they still have that old racing game from back in the day...” He looked to her. “Wanna do a couple races, see who the better driver is like we used to?”
ProwlerKnight
ProwlerKnight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move. Your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth and tell the whole world:

“No, you move.”

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 160
Job : CRMA
Humor : Dark, Goofy, Nerdy, pretty much anything
Registration date : 2022-01-29

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top