The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
James Thurman I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
James Thurman I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
James Thurman I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
James Thurman I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
James Thurman I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
James Thurman I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
James Thurman I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
James Thurman I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
James Thurman I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
James Thurman I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
James Thurman I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
James Thurman I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
Nate6595
James Thurman I_vote_lcapJames Thurman I_voting_barJames Thurman I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

James Thurman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

James Thurman Empty James Thurman

Post by Madhouse June 16th 2013, 12:33 am

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name:  N/A. He’d just say James.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Metahuman
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green
Height: 5’10
Weight: 130 lbs
Blood type: A+
Character Image/Character Costume Image (Or Description):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

James is a skinny, lean one, never quite choosing to focus on building up his muscles, mostly through laziness. He does, however take care of his hair, which is very neatly trimmed, most of the brown spikes barely hitting his ears, this is for practical purposes, of course. He is not particularly tall, just standing at 5’10, but being tall is a liability for one like him. As such, it has never bothered him much. His eyes are large, and a shimmering green, something immediately noticeable about him. James is almost constantly twitching and vibrating, looking as if he could set off at any moment, a trait certainly the cause of his abilities. His legs are significantly more muscular than his arms, due to the amount of work put into them, and he has rather broad shoulders, a family trait.

He doesn’t have a costume as such, in the words of the man himself “I don’t need a mask, if i’m doing my job well they won’t see me coming in the first place.”  He prefers a red tank shirt, though has been known to put a gray hoodie on when he’s cold or simply in need of blending in or stealth. He wears simple, black trousers along with a black and orange belt, this is finished off by strong, black boots designed to grip and stay on James’ feet.

Personality:
Oddly enough, James’ personality isn’t dominated by his confidence, though it’s certainly a trait of his. Due to his upbringing and abilities James was never one to be shy, quite the opposite. However despite this confidence, he’s never been called ‘cocky’ or any such term, as it’s balanced with a cool, calm manner of speaking. The boy has never been unsure of what to say, and has more time to think of what he is going to say, due to his accelerated thinking rate. Furthermore, his authoritative tone means his confidence (and occasionally arrogance) can sometimes inspire rather than install loathing, as the son of a politician, that’s something he’s learnt to do very well indeed. Though it’s masked by his cool demeanor, James is an impatient fellow, and who can blame him, as time tends to drag on for the poor guy. He will be the first to spring into action, no matter what the situation, and this is all because he’s so bored. All the time. Every second feels like an eternity to him. As such, he is also quite good at forming a plan in the midst of battle, as he has has a lot of time to do so, at least it seems like he does to him. He was raised to be a gentleman, and though he does not necessarily live up to everything drilled into him, he still has a strong sense of manners, and will be quick (literally) to help someone in need. That being said, he does this out of a feeling of ‘debt’ to the world, as it was instilled in him from a young age, but this doesn't mean he has strong morals. Nevertheless, he always retains a kind and courteous persona, as he was taught. As he’s taking a year of just relaxing, James has taken the liberty of fighting petty crime, though he’d hardly be worried about more suped-up villain either.

History: James has known nothing but wealth since he was first delivered to his family’s residence. Being the son of a very well known British politician, and that of a wealthy businesswoman he was not brought up in the spotlight. He rode into the spotlight on a golden chariot, which in turn was on a red carpet. This was where he gained his incredible confidence, and leaderly tone. Of course, he had to undergo the English rich kid’s right of passage. Boarding school. He was sent to an extremely strict one, in the northern hills of Scotland, where he was educated in the finest manner possible by old, somewhat quirky gents and ladies who had all retreated to academic life, after pursuing careers in the subjects the ended up teaching. However, these old timers knew a thing or two, and by the end of his school career James had been molded into a gentleman, a man of style and class, and a man who, after fifteen long years of walking the same hallowed halls, boar the unmistakable mark of someone well suited for authority. This school was where his powers surfaced. Needless to say, the middle of the 1500 metres on Sport’s Day was a rather awkward time for them to take the wheel. Thankfully, it was the final event, on the final day of the school year, at 9pm, and the track where the event was held next to a particularly cheap pub. As a result, everyone in attendance was either hammered or stoned, even the runners.

But now, he’s left school, and is taking a year off travelling, quite unsure regarding what he wants to do with his life, having moved to Los Angeles and living off shares he invested with the money his parents gave to him when he finished school. It isn't particularly lavish living, but it gives him time to think about what he wants to do with his life.

Power(s):
Power 1: Super speed.
Power 2: Accelerated rate of thinking. This means he's able to react to things, even at his super-fast speed.
Power 3: Super-Durability

Grid:
Intelligence:7
Occult:0
Strength:3
Speed:8
Durability:8
Ability:0
Fighting Skills:4
Magic:0
Spells:0
Flight:0
Wealth:1

Last edited by Madhouse on June 16th 2013, 3:26 pm; edited 7 times in total
Madhouse
Madhouse

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 29
Job : HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I don't have to work yet.
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

James Thurman Empty Re: James Thurman

Post by Jordan Reynolds June 16th 2013, 2:22 am

I have to ask what the 8 ability is for, because if its accelerated thinking that would be covered by int. Also thinking fast does not allow you to run over 500 mph.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhouse June 16th 2013, 2:46 am

I'm sorry, I didn't think I needed to add Super Speed to the powers list, as I thought it was already implied by the grid, and that powers implied by the grid needn't be mentioned. Same goes for the super-durability. The powers section has been edited, and the grid has also been edited.
Madhouse
Madhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 16th 2013, 1:02 pm

Delicia wrote:Also thinking fast does not allow you to run over 500 mph.

What Delicia meant was despite having your INT coupled with your SPD, thinking fast does not mean you run fast. Our system is a bit sad in that aspect, seeing as Wally West, The Flash, had a power; his main one; that let him go as fast as people or faster than people as long as he thought "I can go faster than that."

But powers like that can be so abused on here that it's not allowed. If that's not what you intended with saying your INT Facilitates your SPD, then please elaborate on what you meant originally.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhouse June 16th 2013, 3:26 pm

By facilitates, I meant "makes it easier to handle."  I'm not suggesting that the fact he thinks fast causes him to run fast, what i'm saying is that the fact he thinks fast means that he's able to react to things at high speeds, and thus makes his high speed easier to handle

I still edited it though, to be clear. Sorry for any confusion caused.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
James Thurman:
Madhouse
Madhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 16th 2013, 3:50 pm

Reaction time is coupled with Fighting Skills.

~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhouse June 16th 2013, 3:54 pm

Okay...well it says in the intelligence section that a higher intelligence causes one to think faster, meaning they would be able to react to things faster. So would I need high intelligence and fighting style?

And by 'react' I don't mean on instinct. What I mean is that he is able to think faster and thus is able to consider what he should do quickly, so his 'reactions' aren't knee-jerk, but are simply decisions made after an evaluation, not on instinct.
Madhouse
Madhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 16th 2013, 4:05 pm

Hm. Makes sense. I can dig it. Don't abuse this.

Approved and moved.

~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top