The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Downtime in Naarajärvi
The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:29 pm by Tybrid

» Paint the Town Red
The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 8:46 pm by Demonhunter

» Beach Party
The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:34 pm by Demonhunter

» The Best Party in New York
The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:53 am by Fae7

» Colt Storm(Charge)
The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:43 am by RevalE700

» Blue Phoenix
The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:09 pm by Demonhunter

» RED ALERT!!!!!
The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2024, 4:24 am by RevalE700

» Red is Blue
The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2024, 4:22 am by Black Bulwark

» The Most Dangerous Game
The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2024, 12:42 am by Vorik

» In the Court of the Orderly King (Completed)
The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2024, 1:45 am by Tybrid

» Hell and Consequences [Alert]
The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2024, 3:57 pm by Hyperion

» The Disciples of Virtue
The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2024, 2:15 pm by Demonhunter

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone]

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone]

Post by The Bolt January 16th 2014, 3:06 am

Michael caught a glimpse of the wink that was shot his way as he lowered into the murk, partially no feeling the sentiment behind the gesture. It was dark, and a chill ran along his flesh that otherwise made the male feel uncomfortable. Joining his sickly pale light was another one, a lighter one, and one that seemed to add a certain vibrancy to the stones dead coloration. Perhaps the corpses that floated below them would rise from their stupor, break the confines of death and then grasp out for the two, before tearing into their flesh with black nubby teeth and then pull them below the depths. It was a morbid thought that ran through his mind and as quickly it was gone. ”The place reeks of death.” Saying this, one could sense the unease within his voice, as if he were hoping that it were nothing.

Spellstone shone his light outwards, piercing the oppressive darkness searching for what lurked beyond the veil. Nothing lurked within the rays of light, save for a small rat that crawled along the small amount of dry concrete, inches from being under water as well. It seemed that even within this murk the rodents would thrive, which made him wonder something for a moment. It was thing that moment of wondering that something surfaced from the dark waters that shrouded everything within it, a humanoid figure that glittered with a strange metallic opalescence. One however could see the gaping holes within its flesh, if they looked hard enough or had the reaction time that Michael did, and he saw the mouth filled with rotting teeth.

It was fast soaring through the air, nearly fleshless limbs that flailed towards him. Without even thinking eight tendrils of dark ethereal formed upon his back, one of them swatting at the being that was heedlessly jumping at him. With a guttural screech it found its head cleanly removed, dirty black blood spewing from the stump, and splattering against the limbs that he had created, as the body fell worthlessly into the water. It was decomposed, but still moving as if it were whole, more of the corpses moved amongst the water, swimming much like fish but at speeds no normal human should have been able to reach. They were shadows that created ripples, humanoid monsters that seemed to want more than conversation. They were the servants of this ancient dragon, beings perhaps meant to stop anyone from wondering into his lair.

”Undead? How….disgusting.” Michael sneered as the new limbs moved about, forming a protective perimeter about him, blade ends proving more than useful for dealing with anything that would come their way. ”Be careful, they may not have an infective bite like on the movies…but I have a feeling that these creatures bites are pretty toxic.” Another slash of a tendril shore one in two, and another took another one out, yet that did not stem the tide well.

The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1262
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone]

Post by Lingo January 17th 2014, 1:27 pm

Joshua floated backwards whenever the undead monster ran towards Michael's body. He covered his mouth and nose at the stench it brought with it. He was about to protect Michael whenever he remembered that he was more than capable of looking after himself. He watched the zombie's head fly from it's shoulders and found himself clapping ever so lightly. He listened specfically for the pathetic plop it made when it landed in the water and smiled. After realising that there were even more of them from New York's destruction down here Joshua held his hands after his head and they were beginning to flicker bright green. "Undead? How... disgusting." Michael sneered, whilst his tentacles swirled around his body. "They can't be that bad. You're undead, remember." he lauged, recalling their first encounter before the green light of his hands began to spread down his arms, which he extended to the side as if he was crucified.

The green light enveloped his body for less than a second before it faded into nothing but an audible hiss. The figure of Spellstone now hovered in the air, his red cloak swirling around in a spiral of magical wind. His arms painted with the cosmos, as well as the sides of his leg and of course - The Spellstone was glimmering a bright blue while it clung on to his belt: Feeding it's power to him.

He flickered a hand forward and the blue light from the stone channeled into his hands and began to viciously surround them, creating several interlocking circles which had edged like rough razor blades. He threw his left arm out and retracting the right one of the blades soared of into the darkness optimsitically hoping to cleave a few limbs. Then he threw his right arm out and reatacted the left, one of the blades on his right arm curved outwards. "Be careful, they may not have an infective bite like on the movies... but I have a feeling that these creatures bites are pretty toxic." Spellstone thought about it for a while and agreed, throwing both his arms forth this time; two of the blades formed a figure eight and slashed torn of the fiend's heads asunder. "Do they say 'Braaiinsss' like in the movies? Cause that would be pretty awesome." Spellstone joked, before throwing more bolts into the on coming horde.

Narrowing his eyes, he tried to get a closer look at one. They really were gross - they looked like zombie cyborgs. Wow. That's almost cooler than a cyborg dragon. Haha. Right. Just have to not get bit - or you'll probably have to amputate your arm. I mean who'd want that? To have to live with only one arm. He began to levitate forward hoping to make it to some sort of cistern or inter-junction where these things were not present, focusing more of incapacitating the freaks rather than going through all the effort of killing them. This day was turning out to be quite fun. Holding hands with Titan and zombie killing! Sweet.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Scourge of The Abyss [Spellstone] - Page 2 Iwanrheonsinging_zpse77ab8b6
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : I speak every language but bullshit.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 215
Humor : Bad Language
Registration date : 2013-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt January 20th 2014, 5:37 pm

Michael found himself smirking, slightly amused by what Spellstone had said about him being undead. Sure it would have gone differently with another saying such a thing, their jaw finding itself dislocated form their head, but he would let him get away with it. Besides, they were dealing with the dead that crept through the deep, not any time for him to complain about something that was true. They were not very durable, yet the numbers that could reside under the waters was more than enough to make him hesitate, partially fearful of what could lurk underneath. Enough that he would not lower the spell that created his tendrils, perhaps not ever. So they would slowly move forward, sliving through any of the undead as they did so, making their way towards what looked like a cistern. However it seemed to be breaking off into four different directions, one of which they had already come from.

However, the things still seemed to be coming, as if they were limitless within number, and perhaps even stronger than initially thought. More seemed to leap from the waters like morbid dolphins, and more found themselves knocked away by powerful bladed tendrils, each one furiously smashing away at them. ”Damn these things are like cockroaches.” Michael muttered swatting another against a wall as it fell to pieces, and then he began to gather dark ethereal between his hands forming a alrge orb of energy that glowed brightly. ”Hey, you might need a shield or something for this.” Michael said to Spellstone before letting this energy build up, and then unleashing it upon the cistern below, energy spreading outwards through the area. Water was pushed away as the surge eviscerated anything touched by it, other than Michael of course.
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo January 23rd 2014, 6:02 pm

"Hey, you might need a shield or something for this." Michael said, and Spellstone raised an eyebrow. "A shield? They're just zombies, I'm perfectly capable of handling that." Spellstone said, before turning around to look at how Michael was doing. His jaw slowly dropped when he spotted the large ethereal orb that was accumulating within his palms. "Oh." he began to fly backwards, flickering his hands side to side infront of him. The stone on his abdomen began to glow yellow and he threw the barrier up infront of him. The circular shape spiralled with magical symbols and runes and Spellstone raised his arms to cover his face when the energy flashed outwards - weaving throughout the tunnel and cistern obliterating most of the things it touched. When it hit his shield it dampened the effects but didn't do much in halting it. Spellstone was sent soaring backwards and smacked against the wall.

"Ugrh!" he managed to grunt before falling against the floor on his hands and knees. Luckily the area he landed on was only an inch or two deep with sewage so only his feet and hands got dirty. He stayed in that position for a while, trying to block out the pain twisting up and down his back. Smacking into concrete hurts. Alot. Were his eyes watering? Shit they are. he wrapped his cloak around his hand and rubbed his eyes, taking advantage of the darkness so that Michael didn't see him rubbing them like a little girl.

He began to stand up, hissing when he back twinged at him like a whining little girl. That hurt. He exhaled and his body started to glow green again, his feet lifting off the ground. "Y-... you got my cloak dirty. You butt." Spellstone laughed, before coughing up a tiny bit of blood. Gross. He rubbed the blood away using his cloak again, so he avoided rubbing sewage onto his face. He exhaled again and looked side to side. "Did that get them? Where to next?"
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt January 23rd 2014, 6:26 pm

He could have given Joshua more time to react to the sudden burst of dark ethereal that permeated the tunnels, but then again he did not have much time. Something told him that something was coming, something that with the ehlp of these undead would have been rather difficult to deal with on their own. He could not risk his own life in the process, nor could he risk his allies’ life. Something told Michael that he would serve a greater purpose alive than if he were dead. Also, he owed him that much for bringing him back from the precipice of death, back from what could have been his final sleep. Twisted and decayed bodies disintegrated as they were struck by the overwhelming power of his energy, a bright flash following his unleashing of the energy.

It was when the male turned that he saw Spellstone kneeling within the muck, something that suggested that he was hurt within some way, or tired. Michael lowered himself, descending closer to the male as the water quickly began to fill the spots that his energy had created. He reached on hand towards his ally, perhaps to garner his attention and ask if he were okay. Yet he decided against it, not wanting him to feel as if he were in need of help. What came was a joke, one that made him smile lightly as if somehow that would make everything better.

”I guess you’ll want me to pay the dry cleaning now, right?” He questioned with a raised brow, his source of light catching up to him and illuminating both within its pale light. However that small smile dropped upon hearing the male cough violently as if there were some kind of internal damage, something that caught his attention. ”Whoa. That cough sounds kind rough. You okay?” He asked a small amount of concern coming into his voice without even meaning to, Michael realizing that and reigning it in, stepping a few inches back yet enough where he was prepared to offer a healing hand if one was needed.
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo January 25th 2014, 5:20 pm

Spellstone coughed into his cloak again and held a hand on his chest. It felt like it was on fire, with an extra-dose of pain. His ears rang with alarm, a minor concussion from slamming into a wall with the force he did. They were so disorientated that he was unable to hear Michael asking if he needed help. All he heard was a mushy blur. "Do you have any pain pills or something? My back's killing me." he managed to mumble, leaning against the wall again so he didn't fall over. What had happened again? Oh joy. His memory was going now as well. The glow around his body withered away and he fell against the wall, feet being sub-merged into seweage again. Ugh. "Not that I need them... I just.. I just need them." What? Now he wasn't even making sense to himself.
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt January 25th 2014, 6:13 pm

The male wasn’t fine, and Michael had a feeling that he would need some kind of treatment soon, otherwise he would likely die. Not that he would have bothered too much with that fact, but his power would have proven rather useful in the long run. ”I have something just as good as that.” Michael muttered drawing upon the void armors power, though at the moment it was still taking the guise of clothing, pressing a palm to Spellstones shoulder. Dark ethereal for a moment took on the form of grey Ultima, an aura around his arm that trailed to the palm touching Spellstone. In that moment the male would likely feel whatever pain was ailing him wash away, leaving only a serene feeling as the Ultima changed into something else, a light green energy with a blue core. With that healing feeling came actual healing, perhaps more than enough to help with his ailments.

It felt like a small amount of himself was being pulled away with this motion, healing the human that he owed so much to. ”You should be feeling better now…I hope.” Michael noted pulling his hand away from the male, waiting for a reaction. How would he react to feeling the power of the ethereal washing over his body like that? Witnessing it act was one thing, but to feel it work through you, and repair you was another thing altogether. ”Need any help getting up?” Michael asked offering his hand to the fallen mage with a smile, fingers outstretched if he chose to accept it. ”I have a feeling that we shouldn’t stay around here too long, something might be coming as we speak.”
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo January 26th 2014, 4:34 pm

The energy washed through Spellstone's body like a tidal wave of benevolence. The feeling of his brain being squished and pulled apart at the same time. The pain down his back and arms was replaced with that of a swirling pleasant tickle and Spellstone's eyes closed in relief. Then the bruises that were forming swirled back to skin color and the damage to his skin sealed over gently. His eyes opened after a few brief seconds. He felt awake. Not erratic, more... well rested. He stood up straight and glanced down to see that he was ankle deep in other people's shit. "Do you need any he-" He quickly flew into the air and began shaking his feet. "Oh gross!" he shouted, before looking up to smile at Michael. "Thanks. I wasnt feeling too good."

”I have a feeling that we shouldn’t stay around here too long, something might be coming as we speak.” said Michael, and Spellstone just glanced down at him and in a paranoid fashion extended his hands either way down the tunnel. The Spellstone began to glow yerllow and he projected the Flashlight beam down each. Seeing nothing at the moment the light slithered back into his hands and he looked back to Michael. "I don't see anything now, but I think you're right. Those zombies are gross enough; Don't need a werewolf or something coming at us next." he said cautiously, before extending a hand in the direction that lead to the cistern. "Lead the way, Titan." said with a friendly smirk. Wow. Michael's face looked good in the green light. Wait, seriously? He was thinking of this now. For god sake.
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt January 27th 2014, 2:37 am

The idea of fighting a werewolf amused Michael in some way, as if the lupine shape shifters running through the sewers would actually happen. It was possible of course, but he imagined them doing more than simply spending their lives in the ruined city, one that was still within the throes of rebirth. ”Okay.” He wouldn’t mention for the male to be more careful, even if he wanted to more or less yell it at him. He surely had a stronger spell than what was used to shield himself, and yet that was what he ended up throwing to defend himself.

”Follow me, and be careful.” Michael said simply with a friendly expression cast within the pale light of the orb that floated infront of them, one that now took on the color of Pure Ethereal. Along with it came the bliss of the energy, one that silently calmed him down, even if he was stepping within human waste. Well it did not take long for Michael to realize that and elevate himself a few feet above the dirty water, expecting Joshua to do the same.

If he did not enjoy the feel of it against his skin, then something told him the mage would not like it at all. So they would continue on in their adventure through the dark and smelly sewers, guided by dim lighting. Echoes, low as they were danced along the walls as they seemed to close on in. Along with this sound came an otherworldly energy, one that radiated dark intent and seemed to suffocate, sent a strange shudder down his spine. It seemed that more than the dragon stirred beneath the tunnels of New York, something powerful as well.
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo January 27th 2014, 3:14 am

”Follow me, and be careful.” Michael chimed before he began to fly in a direction. Nodding, Spellstone's own body levitated behind him. He checked over his shoulder once every 10 seconds - quite paranoid that something's gonna grab him from behind. His Spellstone began to glow quite gently and he looked at it confused. He turned to Michael who also appeared to have a perturbed facial experience. Probably some sort of Magi-Sense. He silently cursed himself for not being an actual mage and unable to feel it himself. "What's wrong?" he asked, narrowing his eyes.

He hoped there wasn't anything serious going on. Maybe it was just the stench of the sewers getting to him - which would be unlikely, even Spellstone had gotten used to the smell. Maybe it was more zombies or maybe he was right about the werewolves. "Is it the dragon or something?" he questioned, flying faster to float side by side with Michael. Was he finally going to see what this so called God of Destruction looked like. I bet it looks lame he thought to himself, a smirk growing across his face.
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt January 27th 2014, 5:22 am

Michael’s own expression shifted slightly as the ancient energy washed over his senses, something about it nearly causing the mago occuli to appear within his eyes, to alter the purple irises into something else entirely. It seemed that they were coming close to something, strange light radiating from a turn in the tunnel. ”Not yet, but whatever you do, I would suggest being careful. If it is the dragon, he may be….livid about being disturbed.” So he thought as they turned the corner, the tunnels seeming to lead into what looked like a large area of the sewers. Something was curled within the place, the back peeking up over the edge, decorated with crystal shards, large jagged ones that shone with radiant rainbow light. A tail whipped lightly around a large pile of golden things, only adding to the radiance.

The ethereal levitated closer until he could see something, a alrge metallic form curled atop this mass of wealth. In fact its body was as gold as the mineral around it, a small amount of steam rising from what appeared to be nostrils. Draconic it was in shape, but not like one would expect of a dragon, lacking scales and many other things that came with dragons, other than strange looking wings that were folded upon its back. A tail swiped about the mountins of gold, knocking a few of the mound down to meld with the lesser mass that resided upon the floor, goblets, coins and everything in between. It was unlikely that the thing could have amassed all of this within the short time that new York was destroyed, this treasure trove seemed more ancient than one could imaging. A trove older than perhaps The Abyss itself.

”Well I think you have your answer.” Michael said as he floated upon the edge of the tunnel, and yet water did not flow further than this. IN fact it seemed to disappear upon touching the shimmering visage of the entrance into the dragons den, the room that seemed cavernous, as if there were no ceiling. Only a blackness resided above where it slept, as if they could fly upwards for years and still not reach a definable end. Another presence resided within here though, one that could not quite be placed.

”Well, a mortal and an immortal tread upon dangerous grounds, how…intriguing.” An impish sounding female voice noted, and as if always there Michael took notice of the one sitting upon this dragons back. ”What brings the Ethereal King to a lowly place like this?” The female asked, hair like flowing honey and dressed within bright gold robs that hugged her form.

”Looks like we’re not the only ones here.”

”Oh, and here’s this little interesting mortal. So much power, but how much is actually yours?” She wondered outloud, voice seeming as loud as if she were talking only a foot away. "Never mind, I know why you’re here, and its pointless. You two lack the power required, even if the power you wield is great.”
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo January 27th 2014, 6:37 pm

Spellstone lowered down from his leivtation to the point that it looked as if he were walking on the water. His greeny-blue eyes narrowed at the light which was clawing around the corner, with an omnious and somewhat subliminal call, which nearly seemed to drag people closer. He extended a hand slowly but was snapped out of his strange trance whenever Michael spoke. ”Not yet, but whatever you do, I would suggest being careful. If it is the dragon, he may be….livid about being disturbed.” Spellstone chuckled. "I'm not a morning person either.". Spellstone stopped chuckling whenever they turned the corner however. His eyes widened a little and he scanned the darkness, able to trace very feint images of things moving. He raised a hand flat above his eyes like a pirate scanning the sea. "There's something in there." he whispered, leaning his head closer to Michael so there was less chance of him being over heard.

When Titan floated closer Spellstone followed, getting a closer look at the creature. It sat upon Auora mountains of glowing circles, which glimmered in what little light the sewers were capable of producing - most of which was created by their light sources. The beasts tail swished side to side, knocking piles of gold either side of it's golden nest. Spellstone was taken a back by the amount of gold that was hoarded beneath the city. It must have taken years; possibly even decades to gather. Upon further investigation he was able to see that not all of the golden mass was coins and trinkets. The dragon itself was covered in plates of gold rather the scales. Classy. He lowered his hands and looked to Michael and then back at the dapper drake. "Wow. It looks.... um... expensive? Do you reckon it's actually a cyborg?" Spellstone mused quietly - not really desiring an answer. However two things about the monster were certain though. It was impressive. And large.

”Well I think you have your answer.” Michael said beforing floating towards the edge of the tunnel. Nodding, Spellstone levitated after him, looking down at the ground - admiring how the water seemed to simply... stop. Odd. When he saw it vanish he allowed himself to lower to the ground and stand on solid rock for once. He glanced around and then up, eyes widened at the seemingly never ending chasm that made up the cistern's ceiling. "Wow." the words slipped out of his mouth, as if 'twas instinctive. His trance was interupted by the words of a woman he hadn't seen when he entered.

”Well, a mortal and an immortal tread upon dangerous grounds, how…intriguing.” An impish sounding female voice noted, and as if always there Michael took notice of the one sitting upon this dragons back. ”What brings the Ethereal King to a lowly place like this?” The female asked, hair like flowing honey and dressed within bright gold robes that hugged her form. "Ethereal King? What? That's some kind of weird roleplay thing." Spellstone chuckled, but then the Impish lady turned her eyes towards him, with a stare that knew too much.

”Oh, and here’s this little interesting mortal. So much power, but how much is actually yours?” Spellstone raised an eyebrow and responded a little too quickly "Um... all of it?". Technically he wasn't lying, I mean - The Spellstone, and thus it's power belonged to him. "Never mind, I know why you’re here, and its pointless. You two lack the power required, even if the power you wield is great.”

Spellstone nearly recoiled. "I think you underestimate us goldy." he laughed and then motioned to himself and Michael. "We're the Arcane Asskickers. We're pretty awesome." Who was this woman? And how long had she been here, and how the hell did she know so much. And what? Did she say Michael was immortal. "Wait... you're immortal?!" he turned to him, startled.
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt January 28th 2014, 5:43 pm

The female was powerful from what he could feel and the dragon even more than her. They were standing before two powerful beings, one likely more powerful than those that aimed to defeat them. ” That which is borrowed does not make it yours.” She noted looking to both Michael and the Spellstone, as if saying something that both held something that was not theirs. The ethereal king growled lightly at the woman, teeth baring as he considering eviscerating her then and there. However, it was the comment about immortality that seemed to draw Joshua’s attention more than anything. For some reason his own agelessness seemed more important than the fact that they were dealing with something more powerful than they could have ever dealt with.

”I…yeah I guess you could say that I am.” Michael said with an uneasy expression, he would have gone without the whole admitting that he didn’t age unless he wanted to thing. It was likely that the human would be jealous or something like that, which he did not need. ”Anyway, we’ve come here to deal with the dragon, not you.” Michael added as a strange blade seemed to appear out of nowhere, one with a pulsing grey blade and strange red handle, forming around his hand. Fingers clasped the handle, pointing it at the woman that was settled upon the slumbering dragon. Luckily it seemed that his own title as King meant nothing to the male, or he played it off as a joke at any rate.

”Well if you’re here for a battle, come on.” She said simply with a golden glow radiating around her.
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo February 1st 2014, 4:54 pm

”That which is borrowed does not make it yours.” The woman said, floating with golden bliss. She says that as if I intend on giving it back, Spellstone thought - cracking his knuckles ever so slightly. This little... imp? Whatever she was. She annoyed him. It was mainly due to her opening talking about a somewhat sensitive past which he would rather remained private for now. Luckily though; she seemed to attempt to violate Michael's past too. Not that his was anywhere near as sensitive. Probably. Hopefully. Looking to Michael for a split second; overcome with unjust jealousy, before he refocused his sights on the figure.

”I…yeah I guess you could say that I am.” he sponded to the question Spellstone had spluttered in disbelief. Wow. An actual Immortal. Wait... didn't he die? Immortals can't die. Ugh, conversations for another day. The more he thought about it the more curious he became. However he was quickly snapped back into the scene by Michael's next words. "We've come to deal with the dragon, not you." He said - quite triumphantly Spellstone thought, and adding to the aura of awe Michael proceeded to summon a sharp blade into his hands which glew a vivid red. It was intimidating and was most likely harmful to the touch.

"If you're here to battle, come on." she beckoned, the glow around her body seemed to grow more intense. Spellstone read that as a sign of agression and the Spellstone began to light up. Before he attacked he became very aware of something. "Do you reckon the Dragon will wake up if we make too much noise? I mean- obviously we could handle the two of them at once but it'd just um... it would just less hassle to take them one at a time." he turned to Michael, aware of something other than butt-kicking for once. He didn't really know why he was looking at Michael though - for all either of them knew the Dragon could have been comatose.
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt February 5th 2014, 10:11 pm

How the dragon would react to noise was not something that Michael could accurately guess, but he had a small guess upon how anyway. Perhaps it would be angry at the two beings that had wandered into its little cavern, but either way they would kill it, no matter how difficult that task would prove to be. After all, if they did manage to kill this sorceress before the dragon woke up then they would only have one less thing to deal with, and yet he felt as if killing her would be nearly impossible, or really difficult. ”Sounds as if you think you could defeat me.” The blonde chortled lightly, rising to her feet as she looked up to the two that had come to challenge her, the gem like shards jutting from the dragons back seeming to shine lightly, with a prismatic light.

Fingers splayed as what appeared to be a staff with a strange gem on the end appeared within her hand A great amount of energy radiated through the place, seeming to speak of great power that this woman held, yet she had a feeling only Michael could truly grasp the power she radiated. It was a strange one, seemingly endless. The ethereal king raised the blade, leveling the tip to where it seemed to be pointing at the female’s head, the thought of slicing through her neck appearing within his mind for a second. However he was unsure how possible that would be, and if his ally was for the whole killing thing, if he remembered heroes well enough. Some seemed to have a code against killing people or whatever that was anyway.

His mind shot over the many ways that he could deal with this woman however, even though he understood nothing about her powers. For all he knew she could sue a variation of ethereal energy or her very powers could have been fueled by it. All he knew was that this strange woman would have to be taken seriously, and both him and Spellstone would have been ready if not for something else that happened. The draconic construct stirred within the mound of gold, a low mechanical growl emanating from a maw that was creaking open. The golden light that radiated from the woman danced along the golden plating of the dragon, creating an iridescence that rose into the endless dark ceiling above the room.

”Looks like its waking up now actually.” Harsh steam issued from it's mouth and danced along the gold. Its eyes were multifaceted like gems as they focused upon the Ethereal king and the bearer of The Spellstone. A low growl rose from the mechanical throat, much like the running of cogs as it pulled itself from the mountain beneath it. The tail lashed out and knocked down an entire pile of gold as the dragon rose in stature, enough that it could look upon them without raising its head. Atop the head of this dragon rode the female, deftly wielding the powerful staff.

”You said something about taking us both.” She said with a sing song voice, devious smirk playing across her lips. ”Well here you go.” Opening its maw the dragon unleashed a powerful burst of steam, one that caused the very about it to fluctuate from the heat that it was radiating.
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo February 8th 2014, 9:57 pm

”Sounds as if you think you could defeat me.” she oozed confidently, shards along the Dragon's head began to glimmer, light slowly slithering from the gems encrusted on it's scales. Her fingers danced through the air for a few seconds before a staff manifested in her hand, a jewel stabbed into the top. From the look on Michael's face, he could feel something. He didn't wish to admit that he was nothing more than a mere human so he pulled a concentrated face; pretending that he could sense it as well.

She didn't seem that impressive. OOoooohhh a woman with a stick, was he meant to be scared? His grandmother Hilde had a stick and she was more fearsome than this glowing gal. Michael raised his blade, pointing it at her neck. There was a dark look on his face, one that suggested that he had more planned for her than the general ass kicking. But her death was optional, the only one in this incounter who had to die was the dragon; if it was really as dangerous as it's stories made it seem.

The dragon began to awaken, it's large tail siwshing and knocking down a lump of gold. Oh, think of the devil. Spellstone thought internally, his legs and arms entering a slightly more hostile stance. The beast growled and snuffed out a vicious vapor from it's nostiles. As if responding to Spellstone's more offensive standing it too adjusted it's body so that it looked ready to lunge at any given second. All the while the glowing body of the woman reflected of the dragon's golden plating - spreading the light to the ceiling while dancing like a flock of faeries. He was admiring the lovely lightshow above them, before he snapped back to reality.

The Dragon's jaw parted, a horrifyingly hot beam of steam streamed from it's throat, ready to cook the pair of them alive. However, Spellstone thrust both his hands at the floor while the Spellstone flickered dark green. The floor beneath them opened up and the pair were sent falling through it, and out of the wall behind the drake. Trying to re-adjust his vertigo after transitioning from standing horizontally to flying vertically. He used flight in order to allow himself to float into an upwards positon. "Wow... I feel... Wow." Spellstone whispered, clutching onto his head. He should try and avoid doing that in the future.

He turned and looked to Michael through his greeny-blue eyes to check that he wasn't suffering too much from the transition. If they were lucky, neither the Woman nor the Dragon could hear them.
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top