The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Downtime in Naarajärvi
Blighted Seas [ALERT] I_icon_minitimeToday at 7:29 pm by Tybrid

» Paint the Town Red
Blighted Seas [ALERT] I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:46 pm by Demonhunter

» Beach Party
Blighted Seas [ALERT] I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:34 pm by Demonhunter

» The Best Party in New York
Blighted Seas [ALERT] I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:53 am by Fae7

» Colt Storm(Charge)
Blighted Seas [ALERT] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:43 pm by RevalE700

» Blue Phoenix
Blighted Seas [ALERT] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:09 pm by Demonhunter

» RED ALERT!!!!!
Blighted Seas [ALERT] I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2024, 2:24 am by RevalE700

» Red is Blue
Blighted Seas [ALERT] I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2024, 2:22 am by Black Bulwark

» The Most Dangerous Game
Blighted Seas [ALERT] I_icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2024, 10:42 pm by Vorik

» In the Court of the Orderly King (Completed)
Blighted Seas [ALERT] I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2024, 11:45 pm by Tybrid

» Hell and Consequences [Alert]
Blighted Seas [ALERT] I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2024, 1:57 pm by Hyperion

» The Disciples of Virtue
Blighted Seas [ALERT] I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2024, 12:15 pm by Demonhunter

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Blighted Seas [ALERT]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blighted Seas [ALERT] Empty Blighted Seas [ALERT]

Post by Zonkes June 8th 2024, 9:52 am

Morgan Kenway, the villainous Myriad was currently getting his ass kicked across town. This wasn’t the first time, and it wouldn’t be the last most likely. Meanwhile, he was also getting drunk at a bar that he liked frequenting. After all, what better way to nurse a defeat than to drink your sorrows away?

He was also currently in a meeting with a couple of mob bosses about expanding his territory. Myriad was in a hundred different places at once. When the afternoon sky went black as night, his bodies all went cold at once. He had no idea why this frightened him so much, but it was primal. Something deep within his evolutionary line. Something bad was happening.

The waves at the docks troubled Myriad 43.
This one was going to school for meteorology and he knew the weather patterns weren’t adding up to these kinds of waves. Something was controlling them, making them bigger. More destructive.

——————————

The King of Lemuria heard the horn, but resisted its call. A king bends the knee to no one. Yet, the Scarab made an interesting offer to him and his kingdom. And he intended to stake his claim once and for all.

He intended on annexing New York. The translucent monstrous king rose to the top of the water as he walked toward the dock. ”Humans of New York. You have an hour to surrender the city to me. If you comply, you will be granted clemency for your crimes against my people and my domain. If you fail, I will be forced to execute you.” Dagon said, his body language aggressive yet regal. He stood tall and proud as he addressed the city through every water way. ”I am a reasonable king, however. Those of you that flee shall be spared. I understand if your leadership is too stupid or selfish to give up in the face of overwhelming force. However, I must show the seriousness of my threat.”

A wave the size of a small building rose behind Dagon, and suddenly Myriad #1 was flooded with knowledge and memories. He stood and glanced at the other patrons of the bar. All he could do was say one succinct word.

”FUCK!”
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : I was that guy Zai. To Vorik, to Murph and to Pat. I’m sorry.

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 649
Job : Professional Manipulator
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Blighted Seas [ALERT] Empty Re: Blighted Seas [ALERT]

Post by Starscavv June 8th 2024, 11:29 am

"Well, there's still the possibility to find something."

Zeph, known by others as Nomad, was finishing off a patrol, content with his work. He'd taken care of a few minor criminals, and even took on a supervillain. All in all, a very good day, except for having no leads on the cause of his memory loss. But he could always keep looking, not like this was his last chance. Leaping across the city rooftops, feeling the wind in his hair he cleared the last neighbourhood he grinned under his mask.

And then he heard the crash of a wave.

"A wave? What on earth's going on over there?!"

Zeph strapped on his goggles and began making his way in the direction of the sound at blistering speeds, picking up on the smell of saltwater as he gets closer. His mind immediately wandered to the cause of this incident. Was it a freak event? Or had some new villain just pulled up to town? Either way, he'd be ready, be it to save... or to fight.

As he reached the docks, he saw the form of a translucent monster standing there, surrounded by debris and water. Zeph watched carefully from a distance, rife with anticipation as he thought to himself.

'Let's see what's in store.'
Starscavv
Starscavv

Quote : "Fuck it we ball, because ball is life." Also I write short.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2024-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Punk Prince of New York June 8th 2024, 4:53 pm

The horn was blown.

The supernatural population across the city could feel the call, a reverberation that rattled their very bones. Shook loose the long honed self control that had been honmed, an attempt to live alongside humanity. Despite that something else heeded the call, an ancient and hungering thing that long since existed in the shadows. It felt emboldened by the call, the excuse and strength that came with it. The people were not ready for what answered the call, waves washing against the shores in massive swells.

While the Lumarian king made his proclamation, something else moved.

Emerging from the sewers below came a tide, a swelling flood of vermin. Rotting things, riddled with open sores that wept black ichour. Things that should have been dead, yet they spilled outwards with a mad vigor. Targeting any living flesh that was within reach, biting and clawing with the kind of madness that was thought relegated to only the bleakest annals of history. Dogs, cats, birds, squirrels or anything they could bite soon fell to the same madness immediately.

Men and women who were unlucky to be found within the vermin tide were ripped to shreds, their screams rising to the heavens in an unholy chorus. Not all were killed, some bitten yet they had not fallen to the madness that the wildlife had fallen to. With the sky blackened by the trumpets call, the only thing people could hope to do was run and pray.

Ethan watched it all from The Heart. Felt that roiling, cloying corruption flow through his veins like oil. It was enough to make him want to vomit honestly.

This can’t be. The spirit within muttered, a kind of despair that he couldn’t deny.

”What the fuck is going on? He had already risen from the comfy couch he usually sat on. Any camera, any screen across thew city was sending him little glimpses of chaos going on.

I thought we’d have more time. That he would wait a little longer...but this is the worst case scenario.

”What is?”

The city could be destroyed if we don’t do something.

He moved through a door in the lounge and appeared elsewhere, smelling the subtle scent of lurid and sweet decay that the spirit within allowed him to smell. ”Nothing new here. He was somewhere in Brooklyn now, seeing the dark vermin tide sweep across the street below. It didn’t even look like rats up here, stanbding now beyond an apartments glass door leading onto a balcony so high up.

What he did hear was the screaming and the sound of gunshots. Smoke from fires rose in the distance. It looked like the world was ending.

If this goes through...I might end. This could be the very death of New York, Such words held a kind of finality that made his stomach sink.  Ethan gritted his teeth, drawing upon what power he had. The call hit her but she felt nothing, he felt no real compulsion either.

”Just means we have to stop this, right? He coould feel the eyes of someone, beyond the thing and transparent glass pane he appeared through looking at him with wide eyes. They weren’t really his concern as he opened the door and disappeared without a trace.

Next he appeared through the door of a corner cafe. A few people running away from the rat tide. Spilling down the streets like water, so he  drew upon his own power. He couldn’t kill all of them, he wasn’t sure if they were just standard rats now. With eyes alight with neon red, and cheeks spattered with strands of power like paint he  swung his arm as the neon red flew over the span of the street behind many fleeing people.  A few squeaks went up as the front of the wave began to conflagrate, yet that was at best slowing them down.
Punk Prince of New York
Punk Prince of New York

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2020-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ProwlerKnight June 8th 2024, 10:03 pm

Frontline

As the wave rose behind the oceanic invader, there was a thunderous bang that echoed from the sky behind him, as something broke the sound barrier, speeding overhead, before shooting down to just over the water.  

Suddenly Dagon was airborne, as something, or someone, had grabbed him from his position, and was now carrying him over the city.  

As quickly as he was snatched up, he was sent crashing into central park, his attacker finally revealing himself to be Frontline.  

“Now, I am only say this once...” He cracked his neck, his eyes locked onto the translucent tyrant. “Stand down, or I will put you down.”  

Speedrun  

Back at the docks, people scrambled to get clear of the incoming wave.  

As they looked back, seeing it close in on them, a blue blur dashed through the street, and suddenly, they found themselves outside one of the emergency bunkers, people appearing beside them.  

Speedrun pushed himself as he cleared one block after another. “Why is there soo many damn people...” He panted, after clearing the area, his hands on his knees as he knelt over, catching his breath. “Almost pulled a muscle carrying that dock worker, dude needs to think about a diet or something.”  

He remembered starting his day like all the others, a quick trip to Mexico for some breakfast, followed by racing some drivers at Bonneville, meeting Frontline for lunch, and coming home. Then that horn went off, and now he was out here, saving people from a tidal wave, while Frontline took on Dagon.  

“Thought they were a myth...” He looked over at the tidal wave, which was now looming over the docks, about to crash down on him. “Man, a swim sounds really nice right now, oh well.” He turned and took off, racing towards Central Park.  

Huntsman

“Man...” As the remaining rats swarmed over their fallen brethren, no concern at all for the risks of rushing Ethan, they found themselves stuck, unable to move, as a large web was cascaded on every surface of the street in front of them, catching their feet like a fly strip. “Hasn’t been this many rats on the streets since the great flood of 23.” Huntsman landed beside Ethan, firing another net of webbing to catch the next wave. “We need a really big box of rat poison.”
ProwlerKnight
ProwlerKnight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move. Your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth and tell the whole world:

“No, you move.”

Number of posts : 151
Job : CRMA
Humor : Dark, Goofy, Nerdy, pretty much anything
Registration date : 2022-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top