The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Step into The Void
The birds of expedience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:48 am by Hyperion

» Reconsiled
The birds of expedience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2024, 12:08 am by Demonhunter

» Stans in Umbra Mortis
The birds of expedience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2024, 10:51 pm by Demonhunter

» Paint the Town Red
The birds of expedience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2024, 10:24 pm by Demonhunter

» Recruitment Tour (Quickdraw, Celeste, and Stareater)
The birds of expedience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2024, 12:16 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The birds of expedience
The birds of expedience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2024, 11:58 pm by Demonhunter

» The Fire of Conviction
The birds of expedience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2024, 9:03 am by Destiny22

» Trial by Fire
The birds of expedience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2024, 9:02 pm by SicilianDragon

» XP Man
The birds of expedience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2024, 6:01 pm by Vorik

» Buffalo Soldier
The birds of expedience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2024, 2:09 am by Vorik

» Horizon
The birds of expedience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2024, 11:49 pm by Vorik

» Dread
The birds of expedience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2024, 9:46 pm by Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The birds of expedience

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Re: The birds of expedience

Post by Cerek September 15th 2024, 11:31 pm

The moment Rai looks back at her palm to feed the birds they are gone, vanished without a single trace or sound. Cebra was perplexed as he'd ever been now. "Bird? Uh I don't know how to tell you this but... Are they invisible to me?" Cebra kneels down to look closer but still can't see anything, just a girl with her open palms. "Um yeah everything is going to be alright with the folks over there, how are you feeling?" Concerned now with the sighting of these birds by Rai, even more she could see there physical form. Cebra didn't know what to make of this, he wanted to believe her and weird things do happen. The ambulance and authorities had arrived and were tending to the accident as well as getting statements.

Later that day...

Easter celebrations are in full swing now, the smell of barbecue in the air as the skies actually calm to a dim gray. A father tends to the grill as his children and some of the neighbors pass in and out of the one story house, the nippy air was enough for the kids to have their jackets on. Mom entertains the adult guests while the young ones run around here and there screaming and paying little attention to where they're going or what they might be bumping into. The propane tank shakes as one of the kids bumps it and gets a shout of frustration from the middle aged father on the grill.

Cerek
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2017-03-20

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: The birds of expedience

Post by Demonhunter October 8th 2024, 11:58 pm

There was a moment of confused silence that fell across the Reaver as the gears of her mind turned just a tad slower than that of the average human. Her tail lashes as she tries to make sense of the fact that she could see them and it seemed Cebra could not and the fact that they were gone in an instant. “I wouldn’t think you could. They appear how souls do. But they seem to have disappeared.” She looks around as very few things could actively hide from a Reaver’s vision, but to no avail.

Rai moves to stand before her knees lock up and refuse to budge, electrical currents that would have run down her spine to command her body, seeming to get caught in what was left of her ragged nerves. She ends up falling back on her rear, cringing at the impact on her back. She sucks in a breath, forcing herself to try again and actually managing to get to her feet this time as she dusts off her dress.

XXXX

The festivities continued but the thought of the birds still haunted the back of Rais mind. Very few things set off her vision but didn’t register as a demon, she’d only ever encountered it once or twice, but it was always through extreme consecration or the split moment after the death of some poor creature did she get to see a disembodied soul before it was whisked away to paradise- or at least that’s where she assumed they went. The crowds did a bit to shake the poor girl’s growing nerves and she found herself squeezing in close to Cebra at the disgruntled shouting of a man.

However a hotdog stand soon catches her attention. Although she could not read the signage, it was shaped oddly, with lots of spikes and a spinning piece that looked like a hot dog to get the attention of the patrons. They were advertising the “Onion-dog”, which was simply a chili dog with an absolutely obscene amount of onions. So much so the smell of onions wafts ten feet from the booth.

Rai suddenly squirts and shakes her head. “What is that and why can I smell it with my eyes?” She huffs trying to wipe the involuntary tears from her eyes. Usually she had no reaction to chemicals or poisons… but onions made her eyes well with tears.
Demonhunter
Demonhunter
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2020-05-01

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top