The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Hell and Consequences [Alert]
The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:04 pm by Demonhunter

» Compassion's Experience Sheet
The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2024, 3:32 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Taavi Virtanen's (White Glint) Character Overhaul/Advancement Sheet
The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2024, 5:50 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stans in Umbra Mortis
The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2024, 5:01 pm by Vorik

» The Fire of Conviction
The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2024, 1:38 am by Tybrid

» The birds of expedience
The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2024, 11:31 pm by Cerek

» Downtime in Naarajärvi
The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2024, 12:40 pm by Demonhunter

» Taavi Virtanen's Experience Sheet
The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2024, 6:35 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Cat Hunt
The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2024, 12:32 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Fight Club
The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2024, 8:02 pm by SicilianDragon

» Beach Party
The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2024, 1:58 am by Vorik

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_vote_lcapThe Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_voting_barThe Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_vote_rcap 
Demonhunter
The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_vote_lcapThe Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_voting_barThe Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) Empty The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin)

Post by Myrddin June 3rd 2019, 10:04 pm

As quiet as can be. Don't let them hear you coming. Not hard to do, with all this noise. But this one is crafty.

Merriman crept as quietly as he could through Central Park. It wasn't that hard to do, since there were people everywhere. His eyes were locked onto his target as he moved, Staff held tightly in his hands. He had pulled his forest green hair back out of his eyes and into a rough ponytail. His bright green eyes were locked onto one person in particular. A woman dressed all in green, with her hand pressed against a tree, as she watched children playing nearby. Merriman knelt slightly, and watched her for a moment. The hand touching the tree didn't match the rest of her. In fact, it wasn't touching the tree. It was part of it. Ah. They sent me after a dryad? In Central Park? Because hunting a Fae in the middle of a park full of mortals was always a great idea.

Meri shook his head, and then stood, moving forwards, and towards the dryad. He leaned on the Staff as he moved, his fingers held tightly around it. He kept an eye out on everyone else around him, stopping to let a mother and her child pass by him, before he began moving towards the dryad again. Once he was near, he stopped, and cleared his throat.

The dryad turned, and, seeing him, froze, her face going blank.

"The Dagda would like to speak with you, madame. Please, make this easy on yourself, and go without a fight."

She turned, and took off at a dead sprint, not even taking the time to reply. Meri sighed, and took off after her. As he did, he raised the Staff and Wreathed it in Lightning. Flipping it around in his hand, he aimed it like a javelin, pulled his arm back, and then slung it forward, throwing the crackling length of wood forwards, through the air. He kept running, as he threw the Staff, watching it arc up into the sky, and then down, striking the woman squarely in the back and knocking her to the ground. The Staff flipped over her, and then struck the ground, sticking in the moist earth, still crackling with arcane energies.

Meri slowed to a walk, and moved forward, approaching the downed woman slowly. She wasn't getting up anytime soon, and he was in no rush to deliver her to his bosses. He stepped around her, and gently laid a hand on the Staff, quelling the lightning that still coursed along it. Then, he pulled new magic from it, allowing the Grey Mists to seep out, and float through Central Park. Wouldn't do to have mortal police descending on him, while he was working.

"All you had to do was come along quietly, and none of this would have happened," he stated, staring down at the woman, his bright green eyes cold and unforgiving. As he did, he let a hand creep down to gently run along the sheathed knife at his waist. Even under the thrill of the hunt, he felt some remorse for what he had put Danny and her friends through, to get the dagger. Pushing the remorse back down, he pulled his hand away from the athame, and shook himself, as if shaking away water.

Last edited by Myrddin on September 11th 2019, 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Myrddin
Myrddin

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2019-05-05

Back to top Go down

The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) Empty Re: The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin)

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 3rd 2019, 11:44 pm

The day started on a bad enough tone with Summer doing stupid things, angering a demon with her flippant attitude, getting a terrible review on Yelp and Help- which is a Hell version of Yelp, which is why they swapped out the 'Y' for the 'H', but it just became 'Help' which just sounds more positive than an evil version of Yelp, but is probably a more evil version of 'Yelp'- then, they somehow came across a- "Wait, what did he even steal?" Flustered, Danny made her way to Central Park, taking a few turquoise bridges to get closer. "Anyways..." So, after coming across an athame, some other man happened upon the shop. Instead of beating him a turquoise construct, she was electrocuted and then left tied up. With some artifacts that Erica was now carrying with her, following Danny. Summer stayed behind because she was useless.

"The ice block is going to come in handy." A reflection of Erica looked back at Erica as she ran into a turquoise railing. "What did he call it again?"

"He called it betrayal. He called it taking what could be a good relationship, and throwing it down the drain." A set of stairs emerged, leading down, in a less than subtle way, to Central Park. "Now, I'm going to find him, and beat him, and you're going to use the sword or the dagger he left and stab him repeatedly in the back and head and upper leg. Just over and over and over again. Until you feel better. Okay?"

"I think we should just get him to give us the asthma thing back and then we can see if he needs a wardrobe." Erica hopped down the last step with her sword on back, dagger at her hip, and the ice block in her hands. "Then, if he says 'no', we both actively look at him with a disapproving look until social pressure convince him otherwise."

"Or, we stab him." Danny stopped. Smoke began to shift around her. Red lights broke through. Followed by blue. And then back to red. "The cops are not stopping this guy. You and me are. Mainly men. You're back up. Actually, I don't even know why you're here. You are a shop manager."

"It's my lunch break." Erica looked over to see a number of figures tearing through the smoke. "I wanted to try out this knife he left."

One of the figures fell to the ground as the other approached. Danny touched her bracelet and looked towards the figure standing over the downed one. Typically, when one figure is over another, you could legally punch the standing figure. It was a Danny law, not an actual one.

However, it was enforced in a heavy handed way. A heavy, two foot, turquoise fist tore through the smoke, attempting to punch Meri in his face.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Hunt is On(Danny, Elduin) Giphy

Danny's Partners (Tsukimi, Tori, and Abby)

The Dress Shoppe Danny Stole From Bliss
Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes June 20th 2019, 8:11 pm

Elduin had been stalking through Central Park attempting to make deals with the various fae that lived there. However, the crimes of the former elven king were not so easily forgiven, which was fine. Elduin didn’t need those that lacked vision in his army after all.  His entire life he had to struggle his way into power, why should his unlife be any different?

Elduin was about to leave when he saw a Dryad being chased by a man in a rather long coat that didn't entirely fit the weather.. "Very well then.." Elduin said, pulling his sword free of its sheath, he leaped into battle; trying to keep the man from the fae. "Human! This is not your place! Should you continue to attack this innocent fae, I will be forced to dispatch you posthaste!" Elduin was very much showing off since he still did want the Dryads to help, and if they saw his display of courage to defend one of their own; perhaps they would do so.

"Now is the time where you leave..." Elduin said, the threat clear in his voice. That was just before a young woman jumped from the brush and attempted to punch the other man in the face. Quickly, Elduin dove for the unconscious Dryad and attempted to pick her up.
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : I was that guy Zai. To Vorik, to Murph and to Pat. I’m sorry.

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 649
Job : Professional Manipulator
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Myrddin June 22nd 2019, 1:02 am

Meri felt more than anything else the presence of hostile intent. He ignored it at first, thinking it was his own. And then he felt magic behind the intent. He glanced up, just in time to see the two foot turquoise fist fly towards him. Instinct took over, and he fell backwards, trying for a roll. His actions, for sure, saved him a concussion, though he was still struck. He grunted and flew backwards, ending the fall with a roll that brought him back to his feet, the Staff keeping him from swaying too much, or falling on his face. He shook his head to clear it, blinking his eyes as well, and peered at the figures who apporached him. Danny and Erica. Great.

And then the ring of steel on scabbard, and a voice, telling him to leave a woman alone? Merriman lifted the Staff infront of him, in a defensive posture, and glanced around. There, coming out of the tree line. An Elf? No. Undead Fae? That wasn't supposed to be possible... With a frown, Meri straightened, standing tall again.

"Listen here, creature. I am Myrrdin, the Black Staff of the Fae Kings and Queens. This Dryad is to be taken into custody and transported to the Hall of The Dagda, to stand under judgement for defying his will," he replied. As the half-dead Elf leapt for the Dryad, Meri swung the Staff forwards, keeping the Mist flowing as he did. He felt the Staff connect with flesh and watched as the half-dead Elf flew backwards a good 10 feet, to land on his back.

Glancing at Danny, Meri held the Staff out horizontally towards her. As he did, the Mists stopped flowing, though they lingered around him, and White Fire gathered at the tip.

"This is going to hurt a bit," he stated, his voice bubbling with mirth. "But you're a tough one, so you should be fine. I do, however, suggest that Erica drop the sword, or she's going to burn her hands again," he continued, as he let the Fire shoot out in two balls, one towards Danny, the other towards Erica. They flew forwards with a crackle and a roar.

Last edited by Myrddin on September 11th 2019, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Myrddin
Myrddin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx July 7th 2019, 5:37 pm

"There's more where that came from, creep!" Danny stepped out of the bushes with a shield at the ready and another massive fist hovering over her. "I don't know what that woman did, or what you're wanting to steal from her, but there's things called courts. They handle stuff like this!"

A look of intrigue painted over Erica's face. "This guy is pretty gutsy. He does not care how many people see him do weird, magical stuff." Her grip on the blade remained loose while her resolve to use the blade mainly rested in defense.

"Are you new to this? You seem new to this?" Danny cocked her head in confused clarity. "I probably shouldn't punch you too hard if you're new. Or, maybe if I punch hard, you stop while you're behind."

A man jumped on the situation to grab the dryad.

"Danny, other person!" The loose grip on the sword let Erica point a useful finger. "Kidnapping!"

"Hold on!" A forceful finger told Meri to stop and do literally nothing except breathe and replicate DNA until Danny got back. She then took off after Elduin.

Two fireballs cracked from the defiant wizard. Both found their targets. All of Danny's constructs vanished under the intense flames while Erica found her hand burned at the palm from holding the blade.

Erica reached into her bag and grabbed the ice cube Meri had given her. "You didn't give me enough time to put it down!"

Danny on the other hand found she could no longer summon constructs...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes September 5th 2019, 4:51 pm

Elduin felt the wood crack into his face, and he felt his nose break under the weight of the strike. Damn. After flying back nearly ten feet, he rose to his feet and stared the man down. "A successor of Merlin." The elf spat, releasing its black blood upon the ground. "How quaint."

The elf pulled free Agarwaen Macil and lowered it toward the wizard. The blade blazed a bright blue, and Elduin sneered. "However, as much as I would like for you to have your day, Wizard, I'm afraid that I simply can't let you kidnap a free fae. Especially not to the witches you call 'Queen'."

He raised his other hand and called upon the darkness around them, raising his army. 5 shades rose from the earth around them, each of their faces concealed behind masks of darkness. "As for you womenfolk; I suggest you stay out of this conflict. This is a dangerous place for females."
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : I was that guy Zai. To Vorik, to Murph and to Pat. I’m sorry.

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 649
Job : Professional Manipulator
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Myrddin September 11th 2019, 7:54 pm

"You had from the time the Fire left the Staff until it reached you. Perhaps you should improve your reflexes," remarked Meri as he turned away from Erica and Danny. The Staff tilted to point at Elduin, with Fire gathering at the tip again. Merriman stared at the Elf, his forest green eyes turning serious, and the mirth fading from them, and his demeanor.

"I'm not here at the behest of the Queens. I'm here at the behest of Dagda, Lord of the Forest. And it's not a kidnapping. It's an arrest. Stand aside, or I will bring you down and take you to meet him," replied the wizard, as he pointed the Staff at the Elf. Seeing the Shades and the sword rise up, Merriman frowned softly, and lowered the Staff. He took it in a two-handed grip, and allowed the Fire to die from the tip.

"So, it comes to this, then?" he asked, staring at the Elf. "Very well," he finished, as he Wreathed the Staff in Lightning.

"I don't know, man. I don't think you can walk away from this fight, since it's 8-on-1," came the disembodied voice of the Staff.

"8-on-2, really. I'm not alone as long as you're here," replied Meri, as he allowed his eyes to drop to the Staff for a moment, before back up, to dart from the Shades to Elduin, to the two women. The Lightning crackled audibly, and Meri nodded, to himself.

"Last chance to walk away. Otherwise, this is going to hurt," he offered, as he slid a hand to the end of the Staff and allowed it to grip the base, before swinging the length of wood up, in a sharp circle. "A lot."
Myrddin
Myrddin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx September 14th 2019, 6:05 am

"That isn't enough time!" Erica kicked at the sword with her foot. "And, try not to be so condescending! You're already a creep. Don't be a jerk too."

"And, this looks way more like a kidnapping than an arrest." Another turquoise punch would probably not land with as luck as the first- man, Danny wished she had filmed that. A punch like that would grab at least a few hundred thousand new Instafollowers.

"Yeah, trust her. As someone who has 'arrested' people using duct tape before, she knows the difference between those-"

"Go burn yourself again." Danny kept her appearances up as well as her turquoise constructs. "I'm not walking away. Erica might be. We should probably give her a minute or two."

"I'll live stream." With the magic ice cube in hand, Erica walked over towards the treeline, taking her phone with her, but leaving the sword.

"Only get the good stuff." A ballista began to take shape under the sword, lifting it up and into a forward firing position. "Like this."

The demonic sword would lunge out from the make shift siege weapon, not aiming for Meri, but for the staff in his hand.

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top