The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Downtime in Naarajärvi
Edward Langstaff - Langstaff I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:29 pm by Tybrid

» Paint the Town Red
Edward Langstaff - Langstaff I_icon_minitimeToday at 8:46 pm by Demonhunter

» Beach Party
Edward Langstaff - Langstaff I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:34 pm by Demonhunter

» The Best Party in New York
Edward Langstaff - Langstaff I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:53 am by Fae7

» Colt Storm(Charge)
Edward Langstaff - Langstaff I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:43 am by RevalE700

» Blue Phoenix
Edward Langstaff - Langstaff I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:09 pm by Demonhunter

» RED ALERT!!!!!
Edward Langstaff - Langstaff I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2024, 4:24 am by RevalE700

» Red is Blue
Edward Langstaff - Langstaff I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2024, 4:22 am by Black Bulwark

» The Most Dangerous Game
Edward Langstaff - Langstaff I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2024, 12:42 am by Vorik

» In the Court of the Orderly King (Completed)
Edward Langstaff - Langstaff I_icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2024, 1:45 am by Tybrid

» Hell and Consequences [Alert]
Edward Langstaff - Langstaff I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2024, 3:57 pm by Hyperion

» The Disciples of Virtue
Edward Langstaff - Langstaff I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2024, 2:15 pm by Demonhunter

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Langstaff

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Edward Langstaff - Langstaff Empty Langstaff

Post by Langstaff March 17th 2017, 1:42 pm

Edward Langstaff

"For science to progress, sacrifices must be made. I just happen to be willing to make those sacrifices. If that makes me mad, then commit me now."

The Bio

Villain Name: Prometheus
Title: Captain Langstaff
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Race: Homo-Sapiens Sapiens
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 177 lbs
Blood type: B-

The Looks

The Personality

Edward is a man with very few morals. He believes that science should be put above all else, especially others moral fibers. These things are a hinderance to progress. If he believed that a child possessed a better chance of carrying a gene that could potentially cure a deadly disease like cancer? He'd use them, no matter what pain it would cause them.

Aside from his moral beliefs, Edward is incredibly eccentric. He is sporadic and undeniably unstable. He will attempt to hide this behind a veil of lucidity. This veil is well constructed, and makes him seem as though he is just a charitable person with plenty of talent and resources to go around, simply wanting the best for all people. But sadly, no. Edward is a manipulator and a monster.

The Story

Long ago, Edward Langstaff (Born Alexander Washington) was born in what would become Chicago, Illinois. His parents abandoned him however; leaving him with . This family had no children of their own; so they were glad to have a son. They gave him a new name, a place to live, shelter, and food. The basic necessities of life.

Growing up was difficult in this time, as young Edward was quite the curious type. He would catch squirrels and direct them just to see how they worked. At first, his parents didn't mind this behaviour. They appreciated the extra food. Until dogs and cats began going missing from the growing neighbourhood, and people began blaming him for the missing pets. At this time, Edward was 13 and on his way to becoming one of the brightest young minds of his time, already discovering how to utilise electricity to light his home  almost 40 years before Edison perfected the light bulb. The young man became quite renowned for his technological and mechanical brilliance. Soon, everyone in Chicago was trying to get ahold of his secrets. He was a local celebrity.

In his adult years however, he began delving more and more into biology to see if he could discover ways to take advantage of the “Meta-Human” type. They were certainly intriguing. When he found a young girl with the ability to freeze animals in their current state, then thaw them at a later one, Langstaff struck. He took her by night, harvested the meta-gene, and left her body in the forest. The townsfolk discovered her body days later, and the court had found Langstaff guilty of the crime. Unfortunately, they never quite found his lair; and once he was found guilty, and sentenced to hang until dead; Langstaff escaped his fate. He escaped the jail cell they had been holding him in, and he quickly returned to his machine which he had built. The worlds first cryogenic chamber. He froze himself for nearly 200 years.

His inventions were destroyed and all evidence of his genius was destroyed. No one knew Edward Langstaff existed until he returned early 2018.

He found it difficult to escape his coffin, now physically aged 26; but after managing to break through the thick rock like substance that had since covered his enclosure, he found himself in someone's home. They were apparently out at the moment, so he quickly moved outside where he found the modern world. He adjusted his dusty top hat and grinned wickedly. He was finally home.

He would take up the mantle of Prometheus, and gave the Spark to man after using his knowledge of the meta-gene to distill it into a pill form. But now he wanted more. So much more. He wanted to be king. And he would make that happen.

The Priority

1. Reaction
2. Endurance
3. Agility
4. Strength

The Powers

Super-Intelligence - Edward is an incredibly intelligent man. If he were to go to college today; he would effortlessly be capable of getting degrees 7 PHDs in engineering almost effortlessly. However, using just his imagination and various machinery; he was capable of creating lighter than air airships in a time when most other people were busy creating light bulbs, or phonographs; Edward was busy advancing his field beyond what has been shown of his time periods advancements.

Spark Induced Monster Physiology - When Langstaff ingests spark; he becomes a muscle bound brute of epic proportions. Veins bulge as muscle mass is increased 10 fold. In this form; he is capable of lifting up to 100 tons at max, and 50 tons at his weakest. He is also capable of withstanding the blast from a RIM-7 Sea Sparrow Missile going at top speed. He can run at a top speed of 54 MPH, and he can jump nearly 80 feet vertically into the air.

The Weaknesses

1. Non-Modernized immune system - Having frozen himself for 200 years; he is very susceptible to diseases that were eradicated within that time. Infections as well are more likely to take hold of his wounds.

2. Still human - Despite being able to create incredibly advanced machines; he is entirely still human without spark and thus things that kill humans are just as easy to kill him, if not even more likely.

3. He requires Spark to activate his monster form.

4. While in Monster form; Edward loses a good portion of his intelligence. Breaking down his intelligence into something more akin to an average human.

5. Gaseous poisons and tranquillisers can affect him in monster form just as much as in human form. He’ll easily go down with a large enough dose.

6. Langstaffs mouth, nose, eyes, ears, and other orifices are super vulnerable to attack

7. Langstaff has a high chance of overdosing on Spark, while this may increase his strength for around 10 minutes; he will quickly fall into a coma.

8. Langstaff can also suffer from withdrawal pains after not being on spark for a while, this will result in weakness, fatigue, mental exhaustion, and intense pain. The only cure for this is to take spark, and await the affects wearing off.

The Items

1. Spark - Langstaff not only created the drug; but is also one who partakes in the power giving miracle drug.

2. Laser Pistol w/ solar recharge - Langstaff has a laser pistol that fires extremely damaging plasma. This plasma is incredibly hot, reaching around 4,000 degrees Fahrenheit when fired.

Weakness - fires 12 shots before requiring a full minute to recharge.

Weakness - Requires sunlight to recharge

Weakness - Fragile; the weapon is made of brass, which is relatively easy to damage

Albatros D-III Biplane

Airship - An average sized pirate airship that can fly up to 100 MPH

Weakness: Hydrogen fuel source is highly flammable.

Weakness: Requires management through the crew

Weakness: Limited fuel source has to land every 500 miles.

Sword cane

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Last edited by Langstaff on March 21st 2017, 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Langstaff
Langstaff

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-03-17

Back to top Go down

Edward Langstaff - Langstaff Empty Re: Langstaff

Post by Samael Christensen March 17th 2017, 4:59 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The immortal with not enough patience for this- Adam Johnson (Vampire boi)
The Ravens Son- Samael Christensen
The Half angel/Half brother - Nathaniel Christensen
Samael Christensen
Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 21st 2017, 6:35 pm

Unapproved for added edits and changes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Edward Langstaff - Langstaff JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5018
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum