The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 Empty Re: Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell]

Post by Alpha December 30th 2015, 4:11 am

Several questions would branch off from the one that he had answered for Zell. There were a few things that needed to be thought out and ideas that ran through his head rather quickly while being considered. How the arm functioned and the things of that nature, though Alpha didn't really have anything in mind as far as that was concerned. "Well this arm is being built for a....close friend of mine so I want it to be the best work you can do." That answer was mostly because, well he wasn't sure what was needed beyond what allowed an arm to function.

Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 Empty Re: Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell]

Post by Humanity January 1st 2016, 1:56 am

"I see...so then I'm going to assume you realize that you're asking for something that is going to take time, vast amounts of resources to make something that I am ultimately taking a gambit on... " Zell said, leading himself open to believe that he himself were either distrusting of Travis in some way, or he had the delusion that Travis were for some reason unable to be trusted. "We also need to address the process of payment...because to be truthful Mr.Masters this is going to be problematic. What I've written in my head is far more than what you've probably already thought of...though with greater quality and resources you eventually end up outside of a price tag... So what did you have in mind?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha January 1st 2016, 2:37 am

Travis was more than aware that what he was asking of Luke was a gambit, but then again he was sure that they could likely be able to pull it off. If half of the things that had been told of him were to be believed anyway, but then again hearsay was not always something that was to be given full credence. "I realize that." He said with a nod, interlacing his fingers and trying to consider the exact things that one would need to do whatever it was Atterrius was talking about. Not that he could guess what they were thinking about, but then again it wouldn’t hurt to try at the very least. As for paying for the arm, it appeared that money was not something that would do but he found himself wondering what it is they would want from him.

What exactly could he offer that they would accept? Not as if he could go into detail about his own work, and then came him wondering if it would even get him anything if they were made aware of this. Something told him that Zell had a little more going on than was known but then again that was his assumption about everyone. "If money won't work, well maybe there is something that I could do for you?" There had to be something that they wanted for them but then again maybe he could do things the hard way. The latter was least wanted but he wanted an arm, so that would be gotten either way.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 CjhXQha
Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity January 3rd 2016, 1:18 am

"That is something of an issue. I...I don't actually think you have what I want yet. But you will one day. One day rather soon. Oh for God's sake." He said rubbing his eyes for a moment before trying to quell the oncoming headache. Trying to access memories from himself as the Archon were like trying to get high from inhaling only smoke. It eventually just knocked you out from stress. He ended up just sighing.

"You see I created an Algorithm that was supposed to help me triangulate the location of...well I'm almost certain it had me predict you acquiring something I want... but I can't recall it." Zell said before beginning brief sketches of a mechanical arm, one that looked bionic in it's purest form, a form that Travis himself might have been familiar with. It looked very similar to the Atterrium arm that he had seen on Aramis Maxos not all that long ago, though some of the chicken scratch was talking about some serious tech. Tech that perhaps the world wasn't quite ready for. "This is going to be well worth it. But I'm going to need a discrete undergound facility of some kind. I don't want anyone spying on this creation.... get me the work space and We'll say...you owe me a favor. If we can agree on that...I'll make you the arm for Mr.Wright providing he has no objections." He said with a smile, though he was doing so to be kind he almost laughed...though he couldn't remember why. It for some reason should have humored him...but alas it escaped him.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha January 3rd 2016, 2:30 am

As expected, payment was something that could prove to be something of an issue. Alpha honestly couldn't think of something that he could offer the world's richest man, but then again there was always something that one wanted that no other could give them. That was where his mind ended up wandering as he thought over the things that Atterrius could possibly want, mulling over it with superhuman speeds while he considered everything. Meanwhile they continued to explain what they wanted to, likely something that could be done about this arm as they scribbled something down. A sketch that was vaguely arm shaped, something that could be of use to him should they know what they wanted to make anyway. They had apparently predicted that he would acquire something, suggesting that they were planning about him ahead of time. That put him on edge even more as he thought about the implications of it.

They were made aware of his telepathic powers, and that meant they likely could stop him should he try anything like mind control. Dominating their mind required that his own was stronger or at the very least equal, which was not the case from brief exposure to it. If this wasn't fear he was feeling, at the very least he was feeling deep apprehension. They required a hidden workspace, somewhere that prying eyes could not see this thing being made. That much he could offer them, considering how thorough his creators were in advance. So an underground lab was something that he could throw Zell's way should they need one. "That deal sounds fair enough. I can supply you with this underground facility, and anything else you need so long as I can get the arm." His tone was resolute, keeping his thought hidden well enough.

He had a reason for doing this, and that was enough to make him do anything to see that his reason was fulfilled.

Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity January 16th 2016, 3:20 am

"Very well. I'll need a school week to get everything in order. Then two days to build it as I will be doing so myself...without assistance. So that will require time. Seven days. Seven days from now meet me back here. Please set up an appointment with the receptionist so she can remind me daily." He said before looking to his glass, setting it down and reaching over the table, standing up. Once Alpha agreed and shook his hand it would solidify the deal. From there Zell would immediately begin working on the arm. First was the primary functions, then the secondary. Finally there was the tertiary functions, to which he actually needed to get Alpha to deliver Colin's suit to him.... along with a signed agreement that Zell had the authority to alter said property.

Primary features were imbued and coded, the process very difficult and tedious as to prevent hacking from external sources. Then the internal structure was added in. Zell almost contemplated putting Atterrium into the arm, however he decided against it. It wasn't right for the likes of Travis Masters to have his mineral. Especially not with the omniversal mis-hap where he immediately tried to attack Aramis for his. The idiotic brute was just lucky that there was a redaction lapse that jus so happened to give him a second chance. Finally with the primary system was the implementation of pseudo-veins and nerve endings.

Secondary features were actually the weaponry and the system settings that enabled perfect harmony with Colin's body. Of course Colin had a very in depth physical that was probably very uncomfortable, but ultimately the price was well worth having a brand new arm. Tracings, body scans molding and graphing before actual electrical testings and IV tracer fluids. The secondary functions would definitely need to be tested on the field. Zell made it quite clear that while the process in this step was rather uncomfortable it was required, as to prevent Zell's creation from ripping out Colin's spine accidentally. Hopefully they'd understand.

Tertiary traits were the goodies that were what Zell would consider extras, little things that would made life easier. This included a pseudo-skin and compartment storage with the modifications to the exosuit itself. These were far less invasive as Colin and his physicality were not nearly under the same demand as before. Though finally it all came together and finally Travis and Colin were finally back at Gene-Tech, likely looking for Zell once more.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha January 17th 2016, 10:12 pm

So the deal had been struck, with a little trouble as Travis had been expecting but something told him it happened a little too easily. Granted, this was perhaps the first deal he went into without the luxury of being able to pick through a person's mind so he had ro proceed with extreme caution to be sure he didn't mess anything up. Something told him there was something more to this deal, but for now he would have to accept that they were willing to help him and go with that.Colin would likely be rather happy having two arms again, that was probably enough to please him for now. Accepting the handshake, his mind was already going over his weeks plans, most of them not as important as this one but then again they had to be dealt with nonetheless. once all of that was done, he would do what was suggested and set another meeting with Zell via their secretary.

He could see why they needed to do that, considering how busy their schedule likely was. It was possible they would forget something in the midst of it, even if building perhaps what would be his best in prosthetic arms would have not been the best thing to forget. Regardless once all of that, he would have to make a few calls before doing anything else, one of them being to a certain exosuit pilot. One reason being he did need permission to use his exosuit, and the other was more about the good news that he had about the whole arm thing. Normally he would have left it as a pleasant surprise, but then again this was not something that would be best left to a surprise. Anything to break that self loathing stater of theirs would have been welcome in his opinion.

The call that followed went pretty well actually, and he didn't need to be there to know that he was pretty relieved with the whole news. Ecstatic even, and that wasn't anything that he could blame the male for being. They were in an essence being given their life back, something not many people could claim even in a world of metahumans that likely could fix such maladies. There was of course the likely uncomfortable physical that came with it, but it was a small price to pay for what was being built for him. Travis was sure they could get over that small problem easily enough, and if not then it was what it was. As for being able to look over the suit, so long as no major alterations were made to it, Colin allowed him to do whatever it is he had planned to involved making use of the suit itself.

While all of this happened, Alpha found himself wondering more than anything else what it was that Atterrius had in mind for payment. Money wasn't something they showed any interest in, so what exactly they could get from him proved to be a main concern with him. How much did they knew about him? That was also another question that he found himself wondering, and if they would use that against him should he be asked of something that he couldn't exactly give away. In the end however, things came together a smoothly as it possibly could and for that much hence, was happy, if the word could ever be properly used to describe him. In they end they would meet up at Gene-Tech for the reveal of the arm, if his assumptions were even close to accurate.

While he had walked into the building on his own a week ago, now he had someone in tow this time. "Well here we are." he said as they walked through the front entrance, catching some of the thoughts that leaked from Colin's mind. Mostly those that portrayed his excitement over this whole thing. In a sense the excitement was rather contagious, enough that he couldn't keep himself from smiling entirely. Eventually they would be wherever it was they were expected to meet Zell, Travis burying his hands into his pockets waiting for the male to do whatever it was they would do.

Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus January 24th 2016, 9:52 pm

"Okay so first and foremost there are a few things to cover...First are the primary fucntions. It's the fact that it's an arm. It lets you pick up things and feel things." Zell explained, looking to Colin and sort of hoping he had that figured out. Following through Zell then explained the secondary systems. These systems were the ones that were going to help him better fight off against the metahuman threats he'd meet on a day to day basis. Of course he had only three real functions to show him.

"First there's the tri-canister haze. These cartridges fire out and release a gas which disperses out and will absorb incoming forms of energy into the crystals before disappearing. You can only hold two cartridges. Use them carefully....and no, they won't work on kinetic force. A telekinetic could shred through it easy." Zell said, looking from Colin to Travis. For no apparent reason of course. "The second one is a net. A net doesn't seem like much, but when you consider the fact that this net is laced with a toxin strong enough to shut down all physical movement in a whale's body in 5 seconds flat...that's a different story. Then you got this." Zell said, showing off as the net fired out at the dummy from Colin's palm. The next thing Zell showed him was a rather unique transformation of the arm. The arm began to cipher energy from nearby items that Colin had previously used, even the used graviton grenades that Zell had thrown out. Next thing they knew, Colin's arm surged with enough energy to power Gene-Tech and an energy construct was formed, the construct like that of a massive unnecessarily large blade.

"That blade could cut through a hundred tanks. Line it up and fire it to cause a rather minor explosion of electromagnetic energy. It won't harm infrastructure but it can incapacitate a virtually any biological entity in the surge You can use this blade once, so once you fire it off it's done for the day... None of these weapons will work if you get hit by an EMP, by the way. The arm will be fine...but the items inside are a little locked down." He added before moving to the tertiary functions. He cleared his throat

"The skin will regenerate. No time fast, but it will. Takes an hour or two. The arm itself when broken will fix itself when you sleep. So if it's broken, you're damn well outta luck until you sleep. It makes room for other assets though. Like this one. You remember your father's armor? Well now you can control it from your arm... Call it. Hold the arm still though." He said to Colin, allowing him the chance to try it out for himself. The impressive display was the fact that Colin's arm literally opened itself, though retaining a humanoid figure while small metal fragments flew out into the air, swirling around him and protecting him from harm like a barrier before assembling itself on his skin.

"Constantly accessible suit and good protection while still arming yourself." Zell said, waiting to see what they all had to say.

Prelude to something greater or worse [Zell] - Page 2 Lucife10
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha January 25th 2016, 5:42 pm

Travis had expected a demonstration before Colin was allowed to just walk off with the amr in question, but then again that was just what he wanted. It wouldn't do to get the arm an find out that it wasn't as he had ordered, granted in the end all that mattered was that it functioned like an arm. Anything else was an excessive nicety that wasn't really required in the grand scheme of things. After all, he did promise Colin but anything else was something that Zell would add onto via their own volition. of course the main function of an arm was to pick things up and to be able to feel things, as arms were expected to be able to do, which may have explained why he rolled his eyes as Zell explained such a basic function. Regardless of how obvious that function was, he could tell that Colin was just relieved about having two arms. In a sense that relief was refreshing, it was far better than the whole crushing depression they were dealing with anyway.

As for the secondary functions, well they appeared to serve better in the whole heroic business that he had thrown himself into. Ways to deal with various metahumans abilities, though he found eyes upon him when telekinesis was mentioned. That alone made him feel uneasy, more so due to the fact that this suggested they knew too much. Questions then flashed through his mind, of how they had managed to squire such knowledge and if they would be an issue. trying to force the information out of them would have been likely fruitless if they were even half as dangerous as he expected, but then again there was always another time for this. So rather than make himself look suspicious, he just nodded when it felt appropriate.  

Each demonstration of the arms capabilities beyond that small veiled statement however proved the competence of the man standing before him. However the final, and seemingly most interesting feature of the arm was that it somehow contained the very suit that Colin made use of within his heroic escapades. The most interesting thing about it, well was the fact that it was now capable of being contained within in such a small space but that was perhaps more to the credit of the one that had performed the feat. People didn't call them a genius for no reason after all, so all of this made sense. "I already had high expectations, but even those were....well it's safe to say you exceeded them by a looong shot." Well, to say he wasn't impressed would have been a lie because he was just that. Colin however took a few seconds, seemingly just thinking over the whole demonstration given to him.

"No kidding, this is...great." His exasperation, and perhaps just pleasure with the whole thing was obvious. However, while Colin was busy being excited about his new arm, Alpha found himself wondering what he would have to truly pay for this.. There was no way they would give something like this away for nothing, the price was something that he would have to hope was not too high. Regardless once their business was done here, well Colin had given their profuse thanks and from there...well Travis would have wanted to do a few things on his own but it ended up being a day that he spent with a friend.

It wasn't so bad.

Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top