The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed) - Page 3 Empty Re: My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed)

Post by Zell April 27th 2021, 4:45 pm

Vira smiled as Andrew seemed to vocalize her very beliefs regarding the beauty of the world around them. Sadly she could easily see the other side of the coin too. The world was a place of hustle and bustle. If more people had the time to enjoy life, they may not feel as pressured to complain regarding the type of horse they received. It was not a lack of empathy on his part, she could understand his point entirely. He was right. The food was placed before them, and Vira smiled as her date seemed to have a moment of reminiscence regarding his grandmother.

”Well she must have been quite the cook then.” She said as she gave a slight smile, trying to imagine what it would have been like to have a grandmother cook for you. What was a home cooked meal like? Zell was a decent cook, his friend was a great cook. But she hadn’t had food from either of them since...a long time. They had a time when she and Zell made food for Thanksgiving, but that ended up a wreck. She shook her head as Andrew stated that it was okay for her to smash the food.

”Well thank you for excusing me of my lady-like expectations. But I find food is best enjoyed slowly in good company.” She said as she watched the decanter of wine refill. She looked curious at it before shifting and looking to the water. She then looked toher waiter. ”I don’t mean to be a bother but...may I have a water with lime, please?” She asked. The waiter looked confused for a moment before looking to her full glass of water. He had already brought one to her, but then he realized that there wasn’t a lime wedge in her water, it was a lemon wedge. He nodded and apologized. She understood entirely, so many people ask for lemons that it’s a very easy mistake to just reach for a lemon.

Finally partaking of the food over the little moments of conversation, she actually enjoyed it. The taste of the oils wasn’t too strong but helped slide the pasta through the different spices and flavors. It was a nice meal and a great change of pace. They even managed to not trigger an allergic reaction in her. She smiled and nodded to Andrew, taking the napkin and dabbing her lips after a moment.

“Well I have to say this is...amazing.” She said. She wanted to say more about it but she didn’t want to say too much. At the same time there was only so much words could do. She looked to the man sitting across from her, wondering what it was she did to deserve something like this. She was confused, but she was too content here in the moment to care. She had a kind and generous man, with good morals and a nice sense of humor to keep her company. The fact he wasn’t bad to look at was a bonus, and the fact he had good tastes was just the icing on the cake.

”It’s not a date until you learn something new about someone. So I have to ask….what made you WANT to become a hero? Don’t feel you have to answer...but. I know that you want your parents to be proud but...What made you want it? This life?”

Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Number of posts : 1417
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed) - Page 3 Empty Re: My Brother's Keeper: Rise of Halo (Closed)

Post by Andrew May 9th 2021, 2:27 pm

Smiling wide he couldn't help himself. "She was fantastic! Malto Bene! I'd even love to show you some of those secrets of hers!" he was certainly feeling a little more than a buzz but in the interesting and conversational way. He wasn't word slurring. Though his Mediterranean complexion began to turn a little more rose around the cheek area.

Geez had it been this long since he actually enjoyed himself? Since it was more than team meetings, planning, heartbreak, and pain? That was almost alien to him now. He however was not going to complain. Gratitude was all he could feel right now.

"I couldn't agree more, this is quite amazing. You're fantastic company and conversation. Best first date I've been on. In retrospect I've only had 3 first dates as an adult." he giggled scratching the back of his head. "However this is the first time I've known from basically sitting down I would want a second." he played with her a little.

He giggled a little at the waiters mistake, but it would be easily fixed.

"That's a layered question haven't you read the tabloids?" he stuck his tongue out.

"No. I get it. There are many reasons people become heroes or aspire to be. I guess even back when I first started this back in high school. Y'know the awful makeshift costume. The petty crime in Boston. It just kinda felt good. There's a specific moment I remember. There was a large fire, and I was containing it and helping families escape an apartment building. There was a little boy too scared to move. I pulled my mask down, and showed him I was basically a kid like him at the time. I promised him if he could just run to where I was we would both be ok."

He looked at his plate smiling and remembering the day from over a decade a year ago clear.

"He dashed at me and in good timing cuz that building was falling apart. So we dove out the window. I hadn't quite gained super durability yet so hitting and rolling was all I could do from the second floor. I ended up breaking my collar bone but it was worth it..." he took a bit of his food and washed it down.

"That's the day I knew If I could get one kid back to their parent. One parent back to their kid. A brother to a sister. A person back to a person. For a chance for a better tomorrow. That's the day I knew I had to. Stakes haven't always just been a single apartment building. However, the mentality hasn't changed."

"So I hope I answered to your satisfaction." he smiled. Not a word of what he said was disingenuous. It was obvious from the way he spoke.

"I guess I have to ask. What's the end goal with you? Obviously you're brilliant and the fact you're breath taking doesn't hurt. What do you want one day? What does a happy ever look like to you? You know. Besides someone handing you a dessert telling you you're the sweetest part of their life with a ring in it." he tossed in playing a bit more.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "We Fight For Those Who Can't."

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 619
Job : Vigilante
Humor : Franklin Guidaboni, Grown men who argue with teenagers, Adam Paxton, and Dominus
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top